ARGH!!!

I got rear ended yesterday by some stupid guy (I’m the guy who drives the blue legacy :oops: ) so I got all his info and all that other good stuff. HERE’S THE GREAT THING, its a stolen vehicle, the numbers he gave me doesn’t exist, this is BS, people like that should be dragged out into the street and shot in the knee caps repeatedly. Its retarded, the bumper was pushed in and there’s a bulge but its not too noticeable but I know there’s something broken under it and to top it off its the long weekend! Things like this piss me off…

ps= damn that Legacy is built freaking strong…the guy hit me pretty damn hard too

Oh, dude. Weaksauce.

Did you call the cops? ALWAYS call the cops if someone hits your nice car - between paint and a bumper cover you can be damn sure that the damage is more than 1K these days.

yeah I called the cops and they told me to swing by the station with all the info and stuff…and of course they couldn’t do anything, when I followed up today at work I called the dealership and they said it was a stolen vehicle, now I wonder what’s going to happen now…

The cops didn’t mention anything about the car being stolen? That’s fucked up.

So the guy had insurance papers, driver’s license, everything? And all of it was still false? I know it’s kind of a shitty thing to do, but I think you can try to sue the registered owner of the stolen vehicle. His insurance company should cover damages that happened while it was stolen I believe…although I could be wrong.

Anyhow, sucks to hear about shit like this happening. I hope you get it all sorted out.

I want to meet for the guy and yeah you got a point, its his vehicle so he’s still liable and technically his insurance should cover it, I noticed a dent on the rear left quarter panel thingy, he hit me pretty hard after all…

If the guys car was “really” stolen. Then his insurance wouldn’t cover anything, for you!! But cover the damages on his vehicle if he theft on his policy. You’re insurance should cover it all. after all its a 2005 legacy I’m sure ya don’t only have PLPD on it. What ya can do too is talk to the police about the victims of crime services and you might actually be able to put the claim in thru that!!

Word to the Legacy being built strong.
I was in the back seat of my dad’s legacy and some looney driving drunk smucked us from behind. We were waiting at the red light and the bastard thought it was green and didnt see us waiting patiently. He musta nailed us going like 80. there was no dmg on our car, lots on his

I dunno’ its a freaking new car too and I hate it when things like this happen, I’m just gonna’ see how we can end up in a win-win situation.

Tell the insurance adjuster that it was a turbo car, and the guy that hit you did so so hard that your turbo fell off and you can’t find it. Then buy a Legacy GT. :E

EDIT: BTW dude, I found a Silvia that might interest you… :smiley:
http://www.realdreamcar.com/silvia.html

Do you remember what the guy looked like?

I’m still a little perplexed. Did you not look at the guy’s driver license? If it was stolen the name on the license wouldn’t match the insurance and registration.

He was talking on the cell phone with his “girl friend” to get all the details and what not and when the police called me they asked if he had actually given me identification, I said he didn’t have anything on him, he gave me 2 phone numbers, cell and home, they don’t check out, the police are trying to match up the driver’s licence to different ones now.

Driving without your license and pink card is an offence whether or not you are actually licensed and insured. Hindsight is 20/20, but if you told the cops he didn’t have any documents, they would have come to the scene instead of asking you to go to the station.

As soon as he said he didn’t have his license I would have been calling the cops.

I suppose the kids, parents, and responsibility post might have some light to shed here.

Took the car for an appraisal, wow, its more expensive that I thought, this is such BS I’m telling you, no one can claim responsibility because it was a stolen vehicle. Frustrates me even more.

man that really does suck,theres gotta be a way to get ure car fixed for this.
kinda reminds me of this thing i seen on the news not long ago,the guys garage got totally f*cked in a high speed chase with the cops, the thief just plowwed through the garage and the owner of the house got nothing.Like Kris said i would talk to the insurance broker or whoever handles claims investigations and ask them how these sort of things turn out in the end,im sure they deal with this all the time and can atleast give a little insight as to whats gonna happen and where u should start looking to find answers.

well, I guess my insurance has to deal with it now 'cause its now deemed a “hit & run”

is that gonna raise ure premium?

I wouldn’t think so because I’m not at fault since it was a hit and run.

well good luck dealing with ne insurance scabs u end up having to deal with.and I hope u get ure car fixed.did they catch the guy?if they did are u able to sue him in like small claims court?theres nothing i hate more than a thief,dont these ppl know how much cars cost?i hope they all spend the rest off their lives having thier cars stolen(with no insurance :!: )goddamn clowns