ARP vs. Golden Eagle

Whats ur opinion on which main and head studs to use on my b series. I understand that ARP torque are higher than oem which can possibly warp the head, and Golden eagle have the same torque as oem. But i know alot of people use ARP. They are pretty much the same price, just wondering what you guys think are the better quality studs.

Thanks,
                                                                        Steve

ARP makes good hardware. just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s (ARP or GE) torque specs and sequence. always a good idea to re-tq the heads after a heat-cycle

ARP ftw.

^ so thats a no to ARP?? lol

ARP studs are only threaded into the block hand tight and the nuts are tightened to 85 ft/lbs.

go with arp.

ftw=for the win

Torque all depends on the material of the fastener. ARP might need more torque to properly stretch the fastener because they are made from a stronger material usually 8740 CrMoly, ARP2000 or L-19. I wouldn’t worry about ARP head studs warping a stock B series cylinder head

oo my bad lol miss understanding. ok thanks brotha

yes that makes sense, thank you

aebs has some of the best headstuds for B series IMO

the bottom threads are made so they dont bottom out and possibly ruin the threads/block

i would not recommend main studs unless you do an alignbore/hone on the crank mains
oem honda main bolts are not known to fail

also the recommendation is good to retoqrue the head studs but i personally dont do it on B-series vtec blocks, i have installed head studs on over 100+ engines and as long as you tq the nuts , loosen, then re-tq them properly you will not have any problems i can guarantee it