Artvoice: The Waterfront

Less than an hour? When? At three in the morning when there’s no bridge traffic and no delays on the QEW?

Buffalo needs to just blow up and rebuild. I strongly feel that a certain point, shit will just NOT get fixed, Buffalo IMHO is at this point.

It’s a combination of too many strings getting tangled up in each other (finances, opinions, greed, location, time, etc) and too many dumb people trying to untangle them blindfolded.

and too many hands in the pot.

Negative. Going through customs wasn’t an issue at all. I just finished up a kitchen remodel a few months ago where I made a few runs up there returning with a pick-up bed full of shit. The cost savings and style/quality of product I got for the price outweighed any PITA value.

Burlinigton, Ontario. Take the QEW for about 60 miles and you’re there. Plan accordinly and crossing the border takes all of a few minutes. Weeknights…no one there. Made the trip once on a Sunday and had to wait for maybe 15 minutes to cross into Canada, and about the same to get back in the US.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Good point here…which was the goal behind Bass Pro, big attraction to get them there…smaller entity’s prosper. The key is definitely holding people’s interest 365 days a year.

Do you have Nexus? Anytime I cross the border I’m waiting in line for 20 mins each way.

They should just put a bunch of things to jump off of into water there. :tup:

Lol, I see what you did there.

Red Light District with legalized prostitution and weed coffee shops? Only one of these ideas that guaranteed would bring in tourism and make for some interesting client lunches :bigtup:

No one would complain about Buffalo being cold, right?

I’s like to see some zip lines as well:)

MotoX…no Nexus for me…just stay as far to the right when going into CA to get the shortest line:tup:

I also redid my kitchen with Ikea stuff. Even with the shit exchange rate, it would up being cheaper driving up.

It’s never been less than an hour and a half for me aside from one time when it was a holiday up there(Family Day), and Ikea was closed anyway.

But big anchor stores are bad, and so is all big business. I want it to be just 100% small local shops selling rainbows and sunshine, and maybe a park. /stupidhippiebullshit

You’re doing it wrong. I very rarely have to wait, I just plan accordingly.

Lot’s of people would love that.

Mike, let’s go to Ikea this week.

I <3 Ikea!

^^Speaking of hippies, there is a place in Vermont that was/is a small town that was a shopping destination without any big anchors. (I am going back 20 years or more) Eventually that little town in the middle of no where had every store you can think of.

Isn’t the lake the anchor? I mean isn’t that why people think it should developed? I am glad they mentioned SF and Boston because those are examples of places that developed so much “locally” on their own that anchors wanted to go there.

Should we change the phrase “location, location, location” to “Bass Pro, Bass Pro, Bass Pro”?

I love local businesses…It’s just NYS kicks small businesses in the dick before they even start to mortar the bricks. I’d rather have an Ikea 20min away at most, rather than get a passport/enhanced license, drive 60+ miles, deal with bridge traffic, all to get a couple wacky shelves and a coffee table.

A few friends recently noticed that advertised prices in CA were more than the same SKU in pittsburgh. FYI. A dresser he was looking at was 200 more in CA food for thought

There’s a reason why canadians come over to buy OUR stuff…

That’s probably because of prices not changing as fast as the exchange rate. Businesses will raise the price of a product real fast when the exchange rate makes it more expensive, but it’s not so rapid the other way around.

lol right?

Most of the stuff we all want to see on the waterfront is the result of a thriving city, not the cause. If WNY wasn’t so hostile to guys like blue eyes that actually try to “produce” stuff here the waterfront would magically develop itself.