as if the traffic/construction situation couldnt get any worse

how often did you drive in the golden triangle and the parkways? penndot can eat shit. they sure didnt know that they should put the sq hill/homestead off ramp before the on ramp… instead they did it the other way and thus caused the traffic jam that exists every mon-fri for those who travel east.

Bob, you lookin for a job? You’re obviously a better engineer than everyone at PennDOT and their sub-consultants. I could forward your resume… :rolleyes:

Ok, maybe not… but I just hate rock salt.

Yes… exactly, why can’t PennDot move faster?

1. you dont know me to call me by my first name

2. attempt at joke was lame

3. are you cool cause you jumped on a bandwagon to bash me? NO

you dont have to be fuckin engineer to know there has to be a better solution for SQ hill/homestead exit, lower decks of ft pitt/ft duq bridge, west end circle.

1. I have met you multiple times in person. Unfortunately.

2. Just like all of your attempts at making threads.

3. It’s a big bandwagon. It’s hard NOT to be on it.

its funny how people know me and i dont know them. oh well

After spending a week working in and around Chicago recently, I’ll never complain about Pittsburgh traffic again. I put 540 miles on my rental car in the Chicago area…holy FUCK is traffic INSANE out there. Pittsburgh isn’t even close.

Agreed, I have spent about 3 weeks out there this summer/fall for work and the traffic/drivers are insane! I hate it out there and I always fear for my life.

Construction we all hate it. An easy route around anything in PGH area is nearly impossible. In the end, employs so many people so fuck it. deal with it and quit fucking rubbernecking to watch a dude jackhammer

In such a hurry leave 15 minutes early :rolleyes:

Chicago and New york city combined has nothing on atlanta :frowning:

i 100% agree with you you flaming homo

if any of the 2 i would have to say broke is gone i guess…so we can be friends now! yay!

its obvious that when most of the roads in this city and some surrounding areas ( such as 51 going through the south hills, route 19 in cranberry) there wasnt nearly that many people living here. pittsburgh is hard to get around in because the roads were built so long ago and they are just now trying to fix them to handle the traffic better

the west end circle is a mess btw. i hate driving through there.

you guys do realize we have the most bridges in the WORLD only 2nd to venice italy correct?

thats a lot of bridges to maintain and keep in working order.

why cant penn dot work quicker/better? i have no idea. i used to drive right past the shaler water works every morning after working an overnight shift. when they had that all tore up over there i would sit in traffic and watch people watching other people working. just drinking coffee and talking. one dude in the crane, 5 people watching 1 guy in the hole digging. id say thats pretty inefficient.

but if you guys think traffic is bad here. go to atlanta. they have 5 lane roads that traffic is still backed up on for 3 hours everyday and thats without roadwork

**** that

although i have been told pittsburgh is really confusing city to get around in. i guess im just used to it but its true there isnt a good way to get most places in the city quickly

i hate when people say “if its bad here, you should see XXXX” well i live here so i dont give a **** whats goin on somewhere else.

It affects you some how bob, ever wonder way that shipment of guys gone wild dvd was late ?
Congestion in other cities :slight_smile:

I will say for the amount of bridges here in western pa. I give PennDot well deserved credit for marking the Signs well in advance ( Tonnage / Height / chassis Length for curves).