ATTN: Camaro Guys.

Thanksss…Green, gold, Neon tan and blackish white.

Ssmokin ss, please don’t make jokes. This is a serious thread.

I am being seriouss

at this price we should all get a few
http://www.ehobbies.com/rmx854216.html

definitely couldnt build that for 10 grand drew

how do you figure? I see 1000+hp motors sell on ls1tech all day long for in the 6-8k region and the turbo kit you can pick up used for another 2-3k.

I guess it all depends on the type of quality build your going after

well, didnt GM high tech make 66+ pulls on a bone stock 4.8L junk yard motor with a Ebay turbo kit at 1200+hp?

I mean shit, if I wanted those standards I could spend $4k and be done with it.

drop your little know it all attitude.I said it DEPENDS on what QUALITY your after… LMR 408 or junkyard GM 4.8… Put either motor in a car with more real world type situations and see how each does on 66 passes smartass…to some people pice of mind is more important then $/“budget builds”…so is a shops rep wrather then which junkyard they went to. 4k drew…I’m sure after all the fab is said and done to put that 4.8 turbo setup in a car it’s just a tad bit more money. I can build the Sam racing 1064hp n/a motor out of a fucking 4.8 for half the cost of what that setup cost too

drop my little know it all attitude?

look in the mirror. You have the same “know it all attitude” as I do.

all you need!!!

$500 for a block
$250 for machine work
$800 for pistons
$800 for rods
$200 for bearings
$400 for hardware; studs, bolts (if not alread on the rods, etc.
$600 for cam
$2500 for heads
$700 a piece for turbos (those are probably JB’s or they would have said BB’s)
$500 in tubing for manifolds, downpipes, etc
$400 for IC core and material to make the end tanks
$70 in aluminum for charge pipes
$650 for 2 WG’s
$500 for 2 BOV’s
$100 for couplers and clamps
$700 for aluminum intake
$300 for bigger TB
$150 in gaskets
$300 for oil pan.

close enough…

$10,420 in materials if I were to build it for my own car right now.

Most of those are close enough or over priced.

10k is way too much money for a 1000+hp motor. You guys are so dumb.

Could easily build it for like 7k. Price of parts alone have been dropping like crazy with this economy.

I have a little more common sense, i dont base the builds i wana do someday off junk yard and other people builds. Has every build combo been do e to man kind, yes so their for nothing is truly a one off build but I know first hand what it cost for good parts, machining and labor, and yea you are a know it all, argure one thing in my post that proves me wrong? U attack everything i say and always have. So yes
Im gunna come back at you aslong as i can.

yeah there about. Knock off $1300 if you went single turbo. And heads are really optional IMO, stock heads with springs for the bigger cam are plenty, so save another $2500. Budget rods and pistons can hold power well too, so save another $300+… $4100 off… or a price of around $6000 total for a built single turbo motor.

I think many people look at prices of buying the parts themself and don’t look at the labor involved if they were not to do it themselves

If you used KK’s parts list cool, 10 grand for the parts to build that nasty motor, and unless you own a shop or have you’re home garage stacked with all the tools, chances are at somepoint your either A) going to pay someome to do certain things or B) cut a corner that may still work but not be up to par with what a properly stocked shop can do.

Truth

Exactly the case. LS1 tech is full of $5000+ invested in the motor, and mild steel, migged, bird shit welded headers and turbo setups that are absolute shit, and cobbled up everything else.

Those headers I wouldnt make for someone for any LESS than $1500-2000, and another $1000 for the WG tubes, downpipes and support brackets for the turbo(s). I would use an entire tank of argon just making the pipes leading up to the turbo, between welding and purging them. about $30 in SS rod, $500 in materials easy, less collectors or time making them, and LOTS of time fitting and welding them up. In reality I wouldnt be making $20 an hr by the time I spent making every weld perfect, and fitment dead nuts to hit that price point.

And thats trailering the car to me, and getting all the shit out of my way to work in the car on them… or your paying my labor to remove it all myself.

When it comes to building something and building it right… I am sorry to say it but nickle and dimmers are not good customers. Unless they know and have faith in the builder that they will make proper decisions on where time can be cut to meet a price the customer is looking for, and still leave them with something that will work, but might not win a trophy as SEMA. But anyone who looks at the headers on that motor and think $2000-3000 is too much… dont bother asking me and wasting my time. I am sorry if thats rude.

Not saying there are ways to do something on the cheap and make it work. Its just very hard to ask a potential customer “how much do you want to spend” and hope they dont immediately think they are being ripped off. If you say $800 for a set of headers like the ones above… i would say no way is that possible… and i will fully explain why.

Im sorry richie. Your right, im wrong.

:banana

Buttttttttt who is building richies car ??? Again lol