Attn Cheeks and BurnyD

:yawn: build a car first then talk to me

hes in the same boat as you, isnt he? both had jeff work on their cars for majoirty of the work and in hte end his outcome was greater then yours for alot less wasnt it? so cant pick on dan when he has your number in 06

scoreboard son… scoreboard!

jeff did the majority of my body work… is that hard to understand? I think he helped me drop the engine in and thats pretty much it with mechanical. maybe a tip here and there.

I have a fully restored car, for a few gs more then dan has in to his. I would say I am doing alright!

so jeff only helped with dropping in motor? didnt he make your piping? didnt he make or adjust your exhaust? didnt he do your cooler? you did the wiring

now i wouldnt say fully restored, just an overhauled car. but you have Gs into what you call fully restored car that got beat by a budget car

you probably have almost 3 times as much as his car in yours

piping… nope bought the kit
exhaust… nope everything fit great… flatblackterror actually hung it
cooler… nothing was done to it, but jeff did make the mounts

i have 11k into that car. I will wait till you do the math. including the car!

i have to finish the interior and its pretty much restored. almost every piece of that car has been replaced from suspension on up!

now 11k is that actually counting the labor? cause parts do add up but most forget to add in the actual cost of labor, even if you dont speak of it its there no matter what. unless you do it yourself but then again everyone has a cost of what they think there work is worth

as for piping i thought those kits dont line up for crap or thats atleast what i gather from the info from you and others at the shop

and doestn dan have like 3500 into his

lol 11k is the magic number, i owe 11k on my truck.

i thought that was cash? and you going to be ready for thunder in the burgh?

lets see if you can dupicate that one sy that dropped the roll pan in the first thunder in the burgh

my kit was the only one that lined up… we were all baffled.

labor? why would i even count labor? that goes towards nothing of what i have out of the pocket into this car. hell if we want to get technical on what i spent I could knock a few g’s off since I bartered alot of my parts!

i can’t remember but I thought dan bought the car along for like 4500 to 5000. The he went and dumped money into cleaning the body up and performance parts. I really have no clue what he spent on his and really don’t care. I hope dan beats me… I want dan to beat me. It really means alot to him to put a check in the W column. I play with my toys cause its my hobby. dan is very competitive and takes it seriously.

yah not doing bad… now help with the body work on mine!!

you have to talk to the foreman on that one… if you need help I defintely would help you. I enjoy having neon green boogers

the car was bought for an even 3k.

They only thing that has been added since… well that I have really put money into was…

brakes rotors
scoop
gauges
head unit
boost controller

^^
I had 3500 into it at this point…

A couple of weeks ago when I added…

ct20b turbo - 400
downpipe - 150

and I bought a new suspension but did not put it on yet.

Its not that I really take it seriously. I seen that mr2… I wanted it. I always wanted a mr2 but could never really afford one seeing what they go for. It was always the car I wanted. I am building and doing things to this car because I want to. Beating you yes was a neccesity. But was not my main goal in building this car. That day if it was a 1/4 it would of been a really really close race. Well see what happens next year.

sorry man i had to hit the 4 ways :kekegay:

fully restored car whitey?? frame off???

do subframes count?

hahah guess that works b/c f bods are subframes, wow i didnt know u went that crazy into the car

Dont forget the diff that we installed twice:rolleyes:
That could have been really bad.

there is all new bushings through out the car, and the rear has a solid spacer in it. I am not going to argue over what is considered a restoration or what… But almost nothing remains from the way I picked the car up originally.

haha… oh snap!

at least the diff was light.

Its nothing like putting a mr2 trans in a fwd celica

see… i almost start liking you again. and then boom! you have to bring up nightmares.

:sex: