attn:foxbody drivers / shaggy

headlight problems… if one headlight burns out, do they both not turn on?

fuse is cool, parking lights work, one bulb is good, didn’t check the other… but the headlights won’t turn on…

if i was at the car i could check a lot better, but i’m not… so just wondering if foxbody’s have a common headlight issue…

flame away, it IS a mustang anyway… :eek4:

umm i had one burn out on my old fox and the other one still worked

so why would both headlights just all of a sudden stop working?

wiring or a fuse :dunno: i know my wiring got fucked from time to time in my fox. i had the problem with the headlights on a thunderbird i owned. and it was a little wiring problem up front under the hood. some wires would slide off a connector attached to the rad support. real easy to see. maybe thats the problem.

is it a gt?

and if so does he drive with fogs on alot?

it’s a gt with a swap 347 or whatever.

the fogs were pulled outta the car…

the switch has those 2 settings, parking then headlights… the parking lights work fine… both headlights won’t turn on though… BUT the high beams work (same bulb i think)… fuses are 100% ok.

its the turn signal thing. replace the whole turn signal/wipers switch

then im goin with both bulbs are burned out. get them changed and see what happens both low beams are burned out.

thats my guess

i was thinking both low beams burnt out… but the filament’s look good??? :dunno:

chad, where to get a stalk? are we talking junk yard? or off of lou?

ford dealer

they are like $45

low beams are burned out.

and 347 isnt a swap… its a stroker off the stock 5.0 block :slight_smile:

unless he took his 302 out and put in a 347 out of another car then its a swap…

lets see. if i had a saturn and took out a 1.9l engine and put in a 2.0l stroker engine in a saturn i guess thats not an engine swap???

but the dude bought teh 347 built and swapped teh existing 5.0

but anyway… you just think the low beams are burnt out… seems fishy that both would burn out at the same time???

although it is a rustang

ive had this problem a few times already. get the new turn signal switch autozone has them too

the term swap on here is usually associated with “honda” swaps.

since youre playing devil’s advocate (which i can tell you are). I’ll bite. Most none DIY’ers do pay for a brand new block etc etc when doing stroker kits, simply because they may possibly be doing something more (nitrous, supercharger, turbocharger etc).

BUT… originally, its still a 5.0 block. So you’re not really doing a swap. In my eyes, a swap would be going to a 351W. Since it’s a different block.

I can make a 302 into a 331, and a 347 etc etc. But I can’t make a 351 into a 302, or a 302 into a 351.

a swap is when you take out an engine and put a new one it. weather its a 302->302 or a 302->486stroker

:gives:

“swaps” have nothing to do with the headlights

like i said, yes and no. I just don’t feel “stroking” an engine, should be regarded the same.

What would you call it, if i decided to retain my stock block, and goto a 5.1 stroker? Would you call that a swap?

edit: bailing out of this arguement. since mac likes to argue all of my points