Headlights went out - s14 - '98

i just recently took my car out for the summer, when i started it up it started fine. however when i turned on my headlights they went on for a second and then they both went off at the same time and now they wont go on.

I changed the fuses, the bulbs look fine and looked at the relay but i cant tell if thats the problem. EVERYTHING else works except for my headlights.

Another thing i might wanna meantion is that my rad fan is on a switch and one wires was not connected and touching the car when the rest was on the battery. It could be the cause im not sure im just frustrated.

Hopefully someone could give me some tips of where to look and what to look for.

thx alot guys,
DMIS

Bulbs that “look” fine may be burned. Get 2 wires, connect the terminals on the bulbs and the battery.

i jsut figured it would be next to impossible for both to blow at the same time ya know but i dunno

i pretty sure i figured it out, thx anyways tho :slight_smile:

What was it?

i was an idiot and was looking at the High beam bulbs, when in fact the lights i needed i didnt look at were just clobbered. so you were right logik good work big guy.

strange they both blew at the exact same time, i guess it had something to do with that loose wire. anywho lesson learned

The bulbs must of acted like a fuse and blew when there was a short. Glad you fixed it!