Headlight issue -- 98 Civic.

Aright, theres enough Honda guys on here. The lowbeams on my beater went to shit. I still have high beams, just no low beams. All fuses have been checked. I doubt its the bulbs, why would both low beams blow at once? Anyone ever run into this. Any help would be great… dont wanna be beatin around in the s2000 late november / early december so I gotta get this fixed. Thanks.

Could be the headlight switch maybe, right off the wheel stalk. Mine is temperamental, I have to sometimes turn them on and off a few times before the lights actually come on. May need to clean the switch, they get nasty after years of use.

Is it a 9007 style bulb where it’s dual filament?

Do not be surprised if the issue is just in the bulbs. Take them out and take a close look at one of the filaments see if it’s intact.

What happens is, you don’t notice when one of your lights is out generally. I just had that happen to me, and the only way I found out is when a cop pulled me over to tell me so. You drive around with just one low beam long enough and on occasion the other one goes… then you notice and you think they both went at the same time.

Start with the simple and work your way up. Other then fuses and the light switch on your steering column not much more could cause both of them to not operate.

Anyone got a part out? I work in the Albany area and could snag it up this week. Thanks for the help.

What do you mean?

Cheap way would be to jump the high beam signal to the low beam and see if it lights up then you will know if it’s the switch or the bulb.

Depending on the style of the bulb it could have 3 prongs which would make it easy. H7’s are that way IIRC.

Otherwise just buy a $11 bulb at nearest parts store. If it doesn’t work try to return it.

C’mon now… why replace two bulbs when I can replace one switch? Jeez… ;p

did you check the fuse pannels? just check the plug for voltage on the low beam pin of the light plug…

this has happened to me. happened in the winter too. some kind of voltage spike possibly. i turned the lights on and boom they flashed on and then off. i checked everything. it was all good. the bulbs were the problem. the both blew at the same time. weirdest thing ever

it was a 2000 civic si

look at the dates ya fuckin cholo,s

just saw the post and figured i would try to help, no need to be a dick about it. no wonder i dont post alot on here

i honestly didnt see your post until ya said that lol . i was refferin to eatin man . and it was a joke nuttin serious lol

my advices is timeless