ATTN: Grammar Nazis of NYSpeed...

The past tense of “text”…“texted” or “text.” And, the plural form of “mouse” when referring to a computer mouse…“mice” or “mouses.” Having an arguement with someone about both.

:nerd:

I am going to say

texted
mice

I “text” you yesterday about this shit.

It just doesn’t sound right…

Correct grammar would be “text messaged”

You ain’t making no sense with that shit.

argument

I think using text in the past tense is in poor form.

Texted, and mice or mouses is acceptable.

Is this what our world is coming to?

i text you yesterday <–dumb
i texted you yesterday <–meh
i sent you a text yesterday <–winnar
did you receive my text from yesterday? <–another winnar

God there should be tons of people who reply in here…i really think we should have a spell check on this forum

i get the red line under my words if there misspelled, unless that’s firefox

“I sent you a text.” would be proper.

The word “text” isn’t a fucking verb.

The plural from of mouse is mice.

deer

Mouses ??? lol

I knew the answers to these before I looked them up, but here it is from the dictionary. I have four published authors in my family, I’ve been published in short story format, I majored in Rhetoric, I have taught SAT verbal/written for 6 years now, and about 40% of my daily work is copywriting.

text (těkst)
n.

• [LIST=1]

• The original words of something written or printed, as opposed to a paraphrase, translation, revision, or condensation.

• The words of a speech appearing in print.

• Words, as of a libretto, that are set to music in a composition.

• Words treated as data by a computer.

• The body of a printed work as distinct from headings and illustrative matter on a page or from front and back matter in a book.

• One of the editions or forms of a written work: After examining all three manuscripts, he published a new text of the poem.

• Something, such as a literary work or other cultural product, regarded as an object of critical analysis.

• A passage from the Scriptures or another authoritative source chosen for the subject of a discourse or cited for support in argument.

• A passage from a written work used as the starting point of a discussion.

• A subject; a topic.

• A textbook.
    [/LIST]tr.v. text·ed, text·ing, texts

• To send a text message to: She texted me when she arrived.

• To communicate by text message: He texted that he would be late.

mouse (mous)
n. pl. mice (mīs)

• [LIST=1]

• Any of numerous small rodents of the families Muridae and Cricetidae, such as the common house mouse (Mus musculus), characteristically having a pointed snout, small rounded ears, and a long naked or almost hairless tail.

• Any of various similar or related animals, such as the jumping mouse, the vole, or the jerboa.

• A cowardly or timid person.

• Informal A discolored swelling under the eye caused by a blow; a black eye.

• pl. mice or mous·es (mous’ĭz) Computer Science A hand-held, button-activated input device that when rolled along a flat surface directs an indicator to move correspondingly about a computer screen, allowing the operator to move the indicator freely, as to select operations or manipulate text or graphics.
    [/LIST]intr.v. (mouz) moused, mous·ing, mous·es

• To hunt mice.

• To search furtively for something; prowl.

Beer

thanks silver for clearing that up

off topic - your sig sucks, needs more burnouts

what a complete waist of time!