Attn moderate-powered FWD guys.

Just wondering how horrible traction is when making ~350-400whp in, say, a 92-95 Civic hatch or a 94-up Integra (I don’t know the gen numbers/designations) Just something running, say, something around 125mph.

I could imagine quite a bit on street tires that aren’t drag radials, but I really have no idea how well LSD’s work and all that jazz.

BFG 225/50/15 drag radials, dont leave home without them.

anything else is useless, LSD or not.

^^^^^what he said … last year i was only making 280hp and the bfgs made a huge difference, like 6tenths of a second, it sucks going through the twisties in fact, dont do it .

yea i would say bfgs are a must 200whp and up

my car hooked real good with an open diff on bfg’s

at least 3rd gear with 500hp

I was thinking of running the M/T ET Street 325/50/R15. Would that be big enough for these > 400 HP fwd rides?

325???

lol… i run 12" wides on my FWD all the time

:hsugh:

yea that means they are really big…

27.8"

it wouldent be my cup of tea but hey!

bfg 225/50/15’s are a good all around street tire, im on a set from a few years beleive it or not

x2.

I’ll never run anything different from now on

i raced an 98ish teggy with a gsr motor in it and turbo with alcohol injection… it was almost as fast as my m3. he just spun right thru 1st and 2nd the whole time with no traction at all. wanted to race me again for 50$ but i declined. turns out he wanted to put his drag radials on… and this was on the street.

bottom line anything over 200fwhp you will have trouble hooking up.

the rest of us would have already had ours on, we run them all the time

I just strap fat chicks to my hood…look into traction bars they are available for a lot of fwd applications