Attn: Phone-fags RE: Saving $$$

Ok so right now I have a BB Curve 8330, on VZW.

I have the 900min, unlimited text/data plan which hits me in the balls to the tune of $130 every month.

I just lost a bunch of OT at work, and need to figure out something cheaper.

I’m contracted with Verizon until November of this year.

I use about 800 minutes a month, but since my plan has the ‘calling circle’ BS I only use about 300 outside of the 5 people I talk to most.

So out of those 900 minutes I use 300, but if I were to go to the 450 minute plan I would go over every month because you lose the calling circle.

Suggest things, I don’t have hardly any money to spend currently, but what would you do in my shoes?

I’d like to cut my monthly payment at LEAST in half.

Go to a lower minute plan, and just text more. Or, since you never really leave the house anyway, get a MagicJack.

Get rid of the backberry and get a used non smartphone/internet phone and you wont need to pay the $30 internet blackberry and save money there. and you are partly there.

Dammit you stole my joke.

No more smartphone.

That was easy

Ditch BB

yeah, I figured…I’m mainly asking what’s a good, cheap, non-smartphone, that accepts microSD.

The voyager was my favorite phone from verizon - not sure if its a smartphone

sell sperm to fatties who cant get laid?

Im not sure any Verizon guys would or can do this, but my AT&T guy hooked me up, he changed my phone’s IMEI number from a smartphone one to a generic one, and I can get unlimited data for $10 a month instead of the $60.

that’s LEGIT steve!!!

FUCK. YOU. GUY.

I’m not exactly in the same boat as benny, but I find i never use my phone at all. Never get calls, never answer calls, never make calls, do only texting. Don’t ever use the internet on my phone either so I am getting tired of paying this new $120 a month bill for nothing really. The only thing i do actually like on my phone is that I can email myself my shitty cell phone pictures.

I have been considering switching to a phone with a better camera and easy texting.

yeah lets hold cocks and skip back over the rainbow bridge to the non-smartphone promise land together.

I havent been really that pleased with my blackberry since the day i bought it because of the monthly cost

jesus christ how does everyone afford to pay so much for smart phones!!!

im an idiot

Dont they have QWERTY phones that dont require data plans?

They don’t maybe!? :lol

Hey benny, I didn’t catch how much you texted, but if you are in front of a computer a lot, you can probably set up a PC to text service on the computer and/or another mobile gadget you may have (like an iPod touch) and that would work for texting your friends and take cost off your plan… Only catch is you’ll need wireless to do so…

Sounds like you could reduce cost quite a bit though going to a non-unlimited data plan.

You guys really pay that much? Thats nuts. I know I will get flamed for this, but I have straight talk. I got the $40 phone a LG220c, and its $30 a month for 1000mins, and 1000 texts. $45 for unlimited. They have a few higher end phones, not sure of the models, but its a decent service, and no contracts. So maybe for a few months, do that. Also I do have a magicjack too, Im cheap.