ATTN ppl with detroit locker

or ppl that have experince with it

put my new rearend in last nite, broke it in while on the lift still witha jack under the rear end to get rid of the bad pinon angle, everything sounded perfect, heard no noise from the rear end. soo when i put it on the ground and go to back out, the slightest turn i would here chatter or rearend nosie…would get louder or worse if it was a harder turn!! Id say it would sound like its ratchiting (sp) is this how it normal sounds?

All info is greatly appericated!

its a Moser 9inch with 4.30s detroit locker, 31spline moser axles

yes,that hows it is,ur goingto be sorry for how much u daily drive ur car!

http://www.detroitlocker.com/Techtips.htm

I didnt know a detroit locker or spool was streetable. Will that just make noise or is it going to shorten the life of his rear?

noise & wear driverablity

ya im going to be selling this third member, or just selling the locker, and getting a tru trac

clickilty clank clicklity clank

detroit locker why the hell did you get one of dem…

Ya they make horrible noise

i agree. what the hell did you get a locker for?

was in the rearend, got it as a package

12 bolt?? who makes it moser strange?

you could of gotten a eaton posi

reading > you

moser, was a place in illinos selling em, with detroit lockers

how much did it cost ya if you dont mind me asking, but with it being your DD shoulda just keep buyin 10 bolts unless your going all out drag racing everyweek

fuck i ant going to keep buying 10bolts…i have some parts going on the car now that are going to be helping me make some nice power!!! fuck them 10 bolts, i hate em!!

i might sell this 9 inch, and get a 12 bolt…or just buy a new thrid member, or some kind of posi for the car

my rear end doesnt make any noise at all i got the new rear end cover on there so hopefully it will be ok, my interior panels rattle like none other though

should have heard my 10 bolt

put screw under rear seat speaker cover!(call for details)

Is this the full locker that is the carrier as well? Usually they arn’t very loud… or not as loud as the Detroit Lock-rite’s.

its not a spool, not a locker, its not ver loud, but going around bends u def here it…i guess a way to say what it souns like is, ratchiting

10 boplts fucking suck

tell us that when axel breaks athe that fucker comes flyout

first upgrade to f body! rear end def if 6 speed