ATV Problem. 2 blasters same problem

So my 2 buddys just purchaced yamaha blasters
one is a 06
one is a 05

>we all went ridding
>went through alot of water
>after all the water and mudd, on the way back the 05 started to putter out on a flat dry trail, kinda like the choke was pulled.
>the 05 died and we pulled it back

>the 06 made it back with out a flaw

>after we got home the 06 drove around the street fine

>we washed them off and then they both wouldent start

>we put in new sparked plugs, let them dry out a day
>washed the filters
>cleanded the carburators

>now both quads will start fine
iddle on there own with out any problem

>>>>>BUT when u give it gas it boggs down. like if u pulled out the choke(choke is not engaged/ and i cleaned the choke too)

i understand how a carb works and how a choke works but can not solve this problem.

i have a 30sec video of how it sounds
i cant post the vid but will email or txt it

any help would be great
thanks guys

pm call or txt or email
510 3471
patrickmcavoy15451@yahoo.com

Those things hate water something is still wet. Check your coils plug caps ect.
Also did you try to run them with an open air box for a bit?
The bottom of the motor is a 2 strokes primary compression, intill the piston comes down to push the charge to the top for secondary compression.
That being said there could be water sitting in the bottom of the motor.

ya we ranthem with the seat air box cover and air filter off same thing

Sounds like it could be a problem with the TORS system.

and ithe the water at the bottem of the motor, if its iddeling fine wouldent that take care of the water in the motor, they both will iddle consintely all day with now problems

whats the TORS system

It makes sure that the carb position and the throttle position are the same, its a safety feature that prevents runaways. It can be flackey at times (on mine if I would hit the throttle cable slightly it would start to die out), perhaps the water messed up an electrical connection for it somewhere. When the tors system is active, it makes it die out as if the choke were fully engaged (does this by limiting spark). Their is a simple bypass for it, it would be worth checking, you should be able to find it with a google search.

ok ua just found it so that exactaly sounds like the problem, how do u by pass it wit out buying the new carb cap

Not exactly sure, I think the process changed in 03 or whenever they changed the body style. I’m pretty sure there is still a way to do it without buying anything. Sign up for blasterforum and ask on there.

Thought you went through ALOT of water lol
Forgot about the TORS, you need one of these
http://www.magicracing.com/TORS-Elimination-Kit--Blaster_p_732.html
check ebay, banshee’s had the same thing, single to dual cables

ya madd water i looked into the bypass of the tors by cutting the wrire its kinda not the best directions i tryed it didnt work

thanks for all the help

any other ideas

the o6 problem fixed it was the parking break sensor

chalk this up to one more thing nyspeed is GOOD at. lol

I was right…kinda. The parking break sensor being engaged activates the TORS system. Glad you figured it out.

yep that was it but now the o5 wont get spark fml