anyone good with ATV electrical troubleshooting?

ok so i have a 2000 yamaha warrior 350, and it gets no power from the battery. iv ruled out the starter relay ( its new from yamaha) and i just got a new Neg battery cable and ground. there are still a bumch of things it can be but im not going to spend $$ on parts that are fine. the Quad can be pushed and the clutch poped and then it will run so it has spark and runs fine. just nothing electrical works. can anyone lend a hand? willing to pay. i do not own a trailer and the Quad is located in south buffalo.

I can probably help you out.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

If you jump the relay with a screw driver does it work?

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

If you jump the relay with a screw driver does it work?

nope. does not work. even turning on the key and trying the headlights dont work

I believe I have an idea of what it is. Similar thing happened on my cousins warrior. I’ll shoot ya a pm later today about the blaster parts as well.

sounds good looking forward to heading from you. this problem is eating at me haha. and yes let me know about thoes parts

Isn’t there a switch in the throttle and on the carb on these. torss (?) I want to say. I haven’t looked at one of these in years.

a blaster has a tors

Tors only limits the rpm, it wouldn’t keep it from getting power. I don’t believe the warrior has it though.

tors = throttle overide system I believe

the warrior does not have one of thoes. a blaster does and its located on the top of the carb

come on night crew… any ideas i havent thought of. i tested the starter by jumping it with a hot lead from my car battery with a jumper cable. and it didnt start :frowning: ordered a new starter should be here monday. but still no power to the headlights

is there a safety switch anywhere for starting? make sure that is working or not in the system have the key on and hook pos/neg on the starter. if it cranks, move down the line to the starter solenoid. should have power in>power out, a starter signal wire, and a ground, or it will be grounded through the frame.

as for your headlights, get a testlight and start from the headlights back. check all grounds.

do you ride in wet/muddy conditions alot? i had a 400ex that water got inside the switch assembly on the handlebars and decided to fry the switches. i ended up using a kx killswitch for a start button, an on/off/on toggle for the headlights, and a tether for a killswitch. my guess is mud or something got in somewhere and fried something in the electrical system.

update for anyone that can help. i put in the new starter and still nothing works, but if i wire a line right from the starter to the battery it cranks and starts. so i have a broken wire or broken start switch. anything else i could be missing??

can the on/off switch be taken apart to clean the contact points?

Its the switch on the handle bars or the key igniton. Test both…

Edit just touch the wires together for the switch and ignition to complete the circuit.

Edit again lol… I hope you checked the fuse first? Its under the left rear fender in a rubber casing IIRC and that will cause the exact issue your having.

yep no luck with that cleaned everything in there

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

yes fuse is fine… unless i can have the wrong kind in there lol, but i think i do. its a tube 35A not sure if there are other differances

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

its a 20amp not 35…

Get the right (new) fuse and its really hard to tell if they are bad cause you can’t see behind the metal part. I’ll bet a dollar that’s it! :slight_smile:

there was a blown one and replaced it with this one and still nothing… even when i thought it was the fuse i unhooked it and wired the leads together and the atv still didnt start. and i just tried a 15a and still nothing

Does the neutral light come on?

thats another problem. i bought it 2 years ago with both the nurtral and reverse light housing missing so i dont have bulbs and the housing for them are all broken, iv been meaning to find thoes parts on ebay but never needed to bc i never had problems