no start, no turn over.

it’s not the battery. i have power to everything. it’s not any fuses. i’ve tried to tap the starter, i still get nothing. fuel pump comes on when i try to start it. has gas. i don’t know what else to look for?

89 audi 80q.

i need to get it started because i need to get it out of my mom’s house in the next couple of days. it’s in amherst if anyone wants to go play with it with me. please? :slight_smile:

does it click when you try to start it??

is it a 5sp??

flooded? maybe?

no click.

yes 5 speed.
but you don’t need to engage the clutch to start it.

i was going to say try to push start it… if just the starter not working…

not a long enough driveway to push start it. and i’m not pushing it onto eggert. i’ll get killed.

you only need like 15 ft

I bet its your battery, you might have enough power to get all the lights on the dash but not enough to crank the starter

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:8,topic:35748"”]

I bet its your battery, you might have enough power to get all the lights on the dash but not enough to crank the starter

[/quote]

negative. i put it on the charger over night. it’s NOT the battery. plus the battery is brand new.

ground to the starter?

then you have a bad starter?

so i can basically say it’s the starter, right?

see, i’ve been trying to explain this to my mom’s boyfriend but he seems to think it’s not. he’s like “ive checked everything and i cant figure it out.”

push it on eggert.

hit the starter solenoid with a hammer a few times

im still in for the push start…call guys and get them to push it down eggert

tap the starter
check grounds

is the key in?

[quote=“BuickGN,post:17,topic:35748"”]

is the key in?

[/quote]

ROFFLE!!!:LOL:

y’all must not be able to read since i stated that i’ve tried the whole tap the starter thing.

You should totally hit that shit again