Audi A4, AEB, misfire.... out of ideas, looking for opinions what to do next

I know when i replaced my maf a couple years ago, i had to reset the code before it would come out of limp and learn that everything was ok.

Maybe that was your problem then since it seems like you’ve covered all the other misfire possibilities.

A side thought…
If you are getting misfires while doing pulls and if they are occurring while your turbo is spooling up, check the turbo inlet air hose. If it’s old and the rubber has lost it’s rigidity, it could be sucking flat like a sandwich when you are starting to draw more psi, thereby cutting the airflow, causing all sorts A/F problems. It should throw you into limp and most likely give you misfire codes.

I sorta think the MAF was the issue. It broke so easily, I just hardly touched it.

Good thought on the turbo inlet hose. I have yet to be thrown into limp mode ever, only when I unplugged the MAF myself, but anything is possible.

So far so good. Im off this week, so Im gonna beat on it for an hour or so every day since Im the one who has had the issue both times. Must be the wifey doesnt drive it hard enough. Getting out of my 24v GTI and into a stock boost big ass heavy wagon makes me use alot of pedal. hah

Dan