Audi Wiring?

Long story short, I found two wires broken off in the wheel well of the S4 today. They most likely have been like this for a long time, since I have not drove the car since the last week of November. One is white/green and the other is brown. They are in the driver side wheel well toward the front of the car. I followed them up, but lose them after the inner fender wall, and can’t seem to find where they are broken off from. For all I know they may have been like this for a long time and might be to something insignificant, but I have no way to tell right now. Any input I would greatly appreciate. If anyone knows the Audi color codes of wiring diagrams on S4’s that would help a lot. thanks guys.

my guess:

hall effect wheel speed sensor for abs

located next to tooth covered ring on hub or outer CV

Would this effect my transmission at all? (waits for flame fest) It’s an auto.

nope, that would trip the ABS ecu instantly and his car would be limp.

you have to e more specific where it is coming from.

didnt you modify your fogs, headlights, and brakes? these are the very first things i thought of. why dont you have VAG yet? if it were something important you would throw a code

stranger things have happened with these cars (coolant temp sensor) but i doubt this wire has anything to do with your autotragic

i can look at mine next week when i get it back if you still need it

Headlights modified yes, fogs are disconnected right now, and brakes are the same as when I got it and did the brakes, before it was ever worked on by anyone else, so I know they were done right and that none of the could be the issue.
Now on the other hand the whole front end was off the car as you saw last summer. And ever since Chris gave me the car back, it had a tranny issue, from the second it rolled off the lift, but that’s another story I’m not gonna get into. It has been throwing a code ever since the day I got it from the shop, the Transmission Range Sensor. Before the car was in the shop I never ever had a transmission problem, Good idea with the VAG, I will see if I can get my friend to bring his laptop over and see which sensor might come back open. thanks.

debatable :stuck_out_tongue:

okie dokie check your foglights because they use a white/green and brown. brown being the ground wire. p.s. eff tracks tyle diagrams.

is your brake light on?

brake wear indicator. fag.

:wstupid: lol every newer audi hase them… dont worry about it

no fogs being in is my guess. pat is right. since you have nowhere to hook them up they just hang. i have had mine out since a rock nailed one within the first 6 months of having the car. imo they are not worth keeping them in. mine hang behind my ic shroud wire tired and electrical taped.

and as far as your car not running right since it came back from chris. well…i trust everyone who works there with my car. otherwise i wouldnt bring it there. you have modified your car with very little info or research done. i have talked to you about this. this isnt a simple car to modify, nor is it cheap. everything we have talked about has had nothing to do with you spending time or money researching the right way to go about things. and to add insult to injury you dont have a basic tool most everyone regards as the first thing you should purchase when getting this car, which is a diagnostic tool which can tell you almost everything you want to know about what could be wrong with your car.

the auto trans. dont handle k04 power well. i told you this when you were thinking about putting them in. you told me you planned on upgrading to a level 10 anyways. i would be happy cuz now you have the oppurtunity to unload that trans as a caor and get the trans you wanted anyways :tup:

Tool #1 - VAG scanner
Tool #2 - Bentley manual