August 12th Track Day - Price drop for members!

hahaha shush Dan dont warn them lol :P. I dont think i can win if Mike and His 2.5 Rs are out he said he was goign at the GP but migth have changed . I got more comp this tiem with rob and flavio thats for sure :slight_smile: will see what the under dog can rial up this time :E :E :drinkers:

hahaha shush Dan dont warn them lol :P. I dont think i can win if Mike and His 2.5 Rs are out he said he was goign at the GP but migth have changed . I got more comp this tiem with rob and flavio thats for sure :slight_smile: will see what the under dog can rial up this time :E :E :drinkers:

Iā€™ll be there :E Itā€™s the second event of 6 weekends in a row. :drinkers:

haha I really wouldnt call a crx with R compounds an underdog in that track, joelā€¦

matterfact, i wouldnt clal anything with R compounds an underdogā€¦

WE ARE FULL! 3 on the waiting list right now. Remember, payment will secure your spot. Also, if you arrive more than 30 minutes after the racing begins, your spot will be given to the waiting drivers. You can certainly arrange to arrive late, just let us know, and it wonā€™t be a problem.

Have I paid already?

Hedging is allowed! I agree though. Sub 2000 lb weight with big sticky Hoosiers is a recipe for pulling nearly unlimited Gā€™s. (Think ā€˜over 1.3ā€™!)

Go hard guys!

Dan

Well he is at a slight power disadvantage considering the car makes less the 100whp. Namao put cars that are down on power at a disadvantage unless the track is really well designed.

Julian is a guy who runs a Ford Festiva with, maybe, 100 hp. Thereā€™s some good suspension, but the tires are pretty skinny. Not sure what compound they are, but heā€™s been very competetive mainly cause at 16 heā€™s got more race experience than most of us!

The only way I got in ahead of Joel last time is that there were a three 3rd gear stretches where I could use the hp advantage. I think of it something like thisā€¦

Finishing order for any given track is a combination of power, handling, traction, and driver skill. The relative weighting changes significantly with track layout.

Most of the tracks weā€™ve run this year reward driver skill, handling, and traction. Of course power matters, but on a tight track it matters a lot less! (Good job on track design guys!)

I think Joelā€™s going to be deadly when the big power cars canā€™t put it on the road.

Hey, what if a Honda guy had one of those hot turboed engines they could drop into the CRX for a weekend! Iā€™d pay to see that! :smiley:

Dan

Its true that the old guys that have been doing it for years are pretty much always quicker. Especially in autocross events, its all about seat time. Which is why I am extreamly happy to see you guys putting on events of your own.

I could likley gather the parts needed and we could put one of my extra race engines into his car. That would move it pretty good, even just NA it makes nearly double the power of a ZC.

Whatā€™s funny is that Julian is 16. :o Been racing since he was 7. (Forgot to mention that - honest!)

Very cool! Iā€™d love to see it!

Dan

WHAT IS THIS ?! A HONDA FORUM ?!?!

If I ever have a kid, its going to be driving a powerwheels autocross on my driveway by age 3, and a gas go cart on a real autocross track by age 5.

I DO have kids and Iā€™m seriously considering starting my 9 yr old on some go-carts. (I keep meaning to start a thread to discuss this.) I think itā€™ll make him a better driver and leave him less excess testosterone when he hits the streets.

Dan

Agreed. This if from honda tech

http://b00tix.com/~chewtoy/ChewToy/jgkarting.wmv

This will be my kid. If your serious about it you should talk to dan out at statotech. I am sure he would be more then willing to help you out/take your money :smiley:

I have the least amoutn of power! unless the saturn wagon is there or the fastiva :lol:

and Dan i Do plan on turboing my car :smiley: once the brakes and LSD are done iam hopeing for 200whp :smiley: and hope to shed the weight of the car about 50more lbs

I dont think my tires are that big just 215ā€™s lol

Hey guys,

Start a new thread about racing if you wish, lets keep this open to event registration and the like.

Thanks

I seem to have misplaced the PayPal addy to pay for the event. Is it Ok to pay when I arrive?

The paypal address is admin@n-e-c-c.com, but yes you can pay on the day, just make sure you show up on time to get your spot.

Jules ā€œfetusā€ has more than 100whp.

See you all there tomorrow.

And i know have brakes, at least in the front.