auto ecu?

i want to know if this auto ecu thing will actually eliminate the speed/fuel cut in a 5spd s13, please pm me back cause im looking to get an auto ecu…dont really want to buy one and have it not doing what people says it does, so if you have a 5spd s13 w/ a auto ecu pm me! thanx

yes, they work exactly like people say they do. i have an auto ecu in my car right now and have gone way past where the 5 speed ecu cuts you off.

Be aware however that it apparently removes the rev-limiter as well.

no it doesn’t, i just hit rev limiter in my car 10 minutes ago.

i have one laying around here somewhere

shit I found out the hard way there was a rev limiter in my auto ecu, lol did a gear pull from 1st-2nd and didnt get it in second (just stayed in neutral) holly shit I thought the engine was ganna be a bomb when I let go of the clutch and went wot again haha from now on Im ganna make sure its in gear!

I don’t think there is a rev limiter… I hit 7k in 1st last week and it wasn’t stopping. One word of advice, if you have the auto ECU… dont misshift… EVER!

it limits you just after 7k.

well i havent tried to go beyond… but… in 1 and 2 (in the automatic 1st gear, and then 1st gear, 2nd gear), i once was in 1 from a launch and well it goes up pretty fast in revs and i had 7000+rpm… it i think hit 7200rpm, it bounced and i was like oh crap… lol stupid.

Also when in 2, if i floor it, it hits about 120km/hr in 2 at 7000rpm, i only took it to 7100rpm a few times, didn’t risk ever since, i never do this anymore, always let it be up to 6500rpm.

Also in neutral as far if I remember there is also a rev limiter.

Definetely no speed limiter though, although when in D, with overdrive it gets stuck at 5000-5500rpm, doesn’t get much faster heh…

So wait, you are driving auto, or have an auto ECU? Are the stories true :open_mouth:

Auto ECU’s with 5 speed do have rev limiters at like 7200RPM.

i have a auto ecu. but the car wont go faster than 240ish it just sits at 5500 and wont move

That should be the 5,500 RPM limiter in 5th gear kicking in… (I believe it’s removed by a sensor wire that goes into the transmission IIRC…not sure of any ill-effects if disconnected)

^More info?

There’s some info in here I believe, have a look…

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=133834&page=2