Auto Insurance Shopping

[quote=“vt1992s10,post:18,topic:35126"”]

I have progressive, $78 a month for a 95 subaru and a 92 S-10 :slight_smile:

[/quote]

1000 a year for a 13 year old car and a 16 year old truck? i wouldnt be smiling

[quote=“Superium,post:20,topic:35126"”]

Have you ever thought about putting the supra on classic/collectors car insurance? I have state farm and went thru this place called harris hill agency for the classic car insurance on my supra for $85 for the whole year with full coverage. That is if you pass all the requirements I can give you more info or talk to 91mr2 joe about it with his Lotus.

[/quote]

i know the car has to be what…20 years old?If i had a 89 would it be elegible in 08 then?Dont you need a garage to…

[quote=“Superium,post:20,topic:35126"”]

Have you ever thought about putting the supra on classic/collectors car insurance? I have state farm and went thru this place called harris hill agency for the classic car insurance on my supra for $85 for the whole year with full coverage. That is if you pass all the requirements I can give you more info or talk to 91mr2 joe about it with his Lotus.

[/quote]

I have a seperate safeco policy for the supra that has a actual cash value of the vehicle. I really get raped on this policy, but there are not many places that I can get a acv or agreed value policy.

Geico was the cheapest last month when I shopped around for renewal. As a matter of fact, they sent us a letter lowering our policy 16% this tmie around.

2 adults, 3 cars, full coverage, more then state minimums.

[quote=“87conquestTSi,post:22,topic:35126"”]

i know the car has to be what…20 years old?If i had a 89 would it be elegible in 08 then?Dont you need a garage to…

[/quote]

Had to have a garage when I had a classic policy on my old Fiero. And had to have other registered vehicles for each driver in the house because you weren’t allowed to DD the car on the classic policy. They were very strict about having a clean license as well. But, jumping through a few hoops was worth it for $80 a year full coverage agreed value.

It doesnt matter how old its is as long as its considered a collector or specialty car. I believe Joes Lotus is a 93? and I know a bunch of MKIII supra owners whose cars on a classic policy. The agency asked me whats the value on the car and never asked for an appraisial or anything. They came and took photos of the car and thats it. Ofcourse you must have a garage, be 25+ yrs old, clean drivers license/record, every household member must have a car and I think thats it. I also have unlimited miles.

unitrin direct has treated me well for years, progressive geico and all state all tried to rape me.

In general all insco’s write a different book of business in different areas. So it makes perfect sense that some people get shitty quotes in one area where as another guy gets a great quote from the same company in the same or different area.

Insco’s wont tell you “NO” but they may give you an inflated quote to pretty much make you go elsewhere…

sooo… try everywhere, or try references from people who, from an insurance company’s point of view, are of similar risk and demographic… but then again, we’re all pretty much the same here anyways

[quote=“speedped79,post:12,topic:35126"”]

i second that

[/quote]

I guess I also will also confirm the good prices from TESTICLE/Steve.

Thanks for working out all my stuff.

I now have, or very soon will have allstate for the house, cars, and even a new policy for the supra.:headbang:

your in good hands with testicle

[quote=“POOPRA,post:29,topic:35126"”]

I now have, or very soon will have allstate for the house, cars, and even a new policy for the supra.:headbang:

[/quote]

Thank you

[/quote]

I agree…He is my insurance agent as well and I have great rates :slight_smile: Your awesome Steve

I have had geico for over a year, and had one claim.

They did a great job with the claim, and it was no problem.

I’m paying like 40 bucks a month to insure my saturn fully with collision.

What I like best about geico, is their online account center.

You can make changes without having to call an agent who’s only open 9-5, you can print your insurance documents instantly.

Its pretty simple.

Also they send you a quarterly magazine that is actually decent to read for an insurance company rag, and they give you access to a geico customer discount site, where you can save on a few places.

Their service is better than my old company, allstate.

[/quote]

[quote=“StairSRT4,post:31,topic:35126"”]

I agree…He is my insurance agent as well and I have great rates :slight_smile: Your awesome Steve

[/quote]

:thankyou:

The rest of you, just keep throwing your money away thinking youve got some sweet deal. :wave::sword:

[/quote]

had to bump this.

Steve is the man!!!

just helped me out BIG on some quotes. I’m switching insurance companies within a month or so.

Thanks again!!!

Ok now i have to look into this shit.!

[quote=“SkunkApe,post:35,topic:35126"”]

had to bump this.

Steve is the man!!!

just helped me out BIG on some quotes. I’m switching insurance companies within a month or so.

Thanks again!!!

[/quote]

No problem, Thanks again