Auto Insurance

So, my 95 240sx finally got its s15 Sr20det engine swap completed with its s15 front conversion. Now i need new insurance on it, since couple of my friends (with insurance risk management diplomas) told me that i have to tell the insurance company that its been modified and the full value of the car or else they can deny any claims for “misinterpretation” (which makes perfect sense). However, the mechanic who did my car said that all of his cars done with engine swaps, he doesnt tell the insurance company cause for whatever claims he would have the insurance company just replaces the car and not the engine. Also, he said that if you tell the insurance company about the engine mods, it would be really expensive…

So, if i just call up an insurance company and say i have 95 240sx, no appraisal, and instant insurance and risk being screwed over… OR find a company that takes moded cars, get an appraisal ($300+) and possibly pay alot more insurance.

Anyone know what to do?!!?! THnakS! :partyman:

My insurance went up $20/mo when I brought them an appraisal.

appraisal honestly … save the headache when something happens and they give you a bone stock 240sx market value to replace your ride

x2 . . .get it done properly the first time … .

Ok, but what if im just getting the basic PLPD, then does it really matter?

It shoudln’t for PLPD, but if you have fire/theft on it they need to know how much it’s worth.

I was thinking of leaving my State Farm insurance agent. I started to shop around, the first question out of almost every other agent was “Is the Engine Modified?” I just said thanks, I’m not interested!
Needless to say I will be sticking with State Farm, all they wanted when I first insured the car was a copy of my OOP and how much I paid and that was it!

I have a moded 240. My insureance is with Morgex. When i told them that the car has moded, then the insurance went up 500 a year. Appraisal was free at their shop, although the guy did not know what it was and gave me a shitty value.

Darek