Auto->Manual Swapped Cruise Control?

My coupe was swapped from auto to manual before I bought it, and I have found that the cruise control doesn’t seem to work. The light comes on when I hit the cruise button, however the controls on the wheel don’t set the speed. Anyone know if the auto and manual cruise systems are different? If not, anyone have a clue about what could be wrong? I pulled the wheel apart today, and all the wiring in there looks fine.

the cruise control stuff is separate from the transmission you have. I did a 5speed swap on my S14 and my cruise control always worked. The only thing the cruise control needs is the input from the speed sensor (which it gets from the gauge cluster).

Mine works its auto to 5 speed swap…something to do with wireing it should work

Hmm I have a JDM cluster too, so maybe thats the problem. I’ll have to take a closer look at the wiring.

The AUTO ECU will not run cruise control on a 5spd swap. Put in a 5spd ECU and cruise should start working again.

The cruise control works regardless what ecu. I just did one a S14, it still has the auto ecu and it still works. Swapping the ecu won’t fix your problem. With crusie controls it mainly the vac line breaks and the cuise stops working but the light will still come on.

YEah ECU does not matter…i have the auto ECU its the same just no speed limit.

making cruise work is just a matter or wireing.

Ok, thats good to know. So its likely just a loose connection somewhere, pretty unlikely anything has happened to the cruise module itself. Thanks for the info.

What brake pedal is in the car? The cruise pedal with have a brake switch and a cruise switch on it. The none cruise pedal with just have the brake switch.

Hmm that I don’t know. I’ll have to get under there and check.

is…the cable hooked up?

The AUTO ECU with stock wiring in a S13 will not run cruise control on a 5spd swap. Put in a 5spd ECU and cruise should start working again.

Well, I put my Auto ECU in and cruise works. No other wiring changes other then what’s required to get the car to run during the swap.

:spank:

The plot thickens! :albino:

The only major thing I found is that when I come to a stop my engine idle’s really high. I suspect the ECU is compensating for the torque applied to the crank from the torque converter.

yes with mine the idel stays high for a second or 2 then drops to normal…its normal to me now though…

Hey

Had a similar problem on a 92-cruise light on yet no cruise control -vac. pump and line ok-actuator tests as noted in service manual ok-ASCD module tested ok-opened up the cruise switch on the steering wheel and found that moisture (or cleaner / coffee ) had corroded several terminals- replaced circuit board-problem fixed

John

Ah nice, thanks for the tip. I’ll make sure to check that.