Auto Plant Worker Defies Chrysler-Only Parking; Truck Towed

http://www.local6.com/automotive/4480337/detail.html

:rolleyes:

:rofl: Fuck em. Thats like working for the Steelers and wearing a Browns or Ravens jersey to the job… I mean, hell, don’t those people get CRAZY discounts on Chrysler products for working with them? You’d think they would buy the Chryslers because their cheap as hell.

my old boss got mad when i wore a denver broncos polo. He said something like any sports team is a competitor for our business… Of course he was joking and just tryin to bust my balls.

As dumb as this policy is, Its the company’s right to decided that. I have to side with the company on this one, the guy admitted he did it to defy them…guy should be worrying about more important things. You can’t have your employees breaking rules because they don’t like em, rules are rules and everyone else was living by them.

i can’t wear jeans to work!

fuck him,he deserved the ticket. he dont like it, go work for GMC :rolleyes:

Greater Made Chrysler?

try bringing a fireigh car into the gm plant wher my dad works in west mifflin

What would they do if you drove a mitsu to their plant?

in the article it said, he owned 2 cryslirs, but decided to take the gmc to protest.

this sounds like something I would do personaly just to defy the rule… hell in my opnion chrysler makes nothing but shit cars except for the whole Mercedes Benz line. Even if I got a discount on Chryslers I wouldny buy one unless I had enough money to buy a MB. Its his decision on what car he wants to drive to work and its not fair to him if the only vehicle he could drive that day was a GMC that he would have to walk 2 times the distance than he would if he drove a Chrysler. I just cant believe all you guys agree with Chrysler… thats discrimination to his freedom of choice. Now I could see all of you guys bitching a storm if the sign said “Close parking for White people only”

Parking is Parking PERIOD… unless you are a Supervisor or Manager then I can see designated parking.

i’ve been to chrysler-twinsburg a bunch of times. the first time i went there, i parked in the visitor section, got out, and a security gaurd told me to go part in the other lot…about a mile away.

now anytime we go there we rent a chrysler car/truck, and park right up front in the visitors section.

should hand him a pink slip

eff chrysler.

No one forced this guy to get a job there, if he doesnt want to follow the rules then he doesnt have to work there, its that simple.

funny… i work in that GM plant. ive brought in my '91 eagle talon many times, as well as my neon, without any problems (my neon is sitting in its parking lot as im typing this, since im right in that plant right now). i know several gm employees that own and drive in, non gm vehicles and do not have any problems whatsoever.

however, for the supervisors… you cannot bring in a non-gm vehicle and still park in your designated spots up against the building. you can still bring a non gm vehicle of course, so long as you dont park it in your spot against the building.

btw. what shift does your dad work on?

if its a rule of work its a rule of work, i am not allowed to wear shorts to work since its in the rule book. if i would i expect their would be consequences…

we have visitors parking at work and handicap too, if i park in either of those during normal business hours i am sure that their would be consequences for my actions… just the way it is!

sorry but I can see if these are like parking spots with in 50-100 feet of the building, but to make they park redicuouls distances away just because of a make, is BS.

You people are talking about the clothes you wear to work and rules. Sorry but those things are requirments so people look professional, or most rules are operational. This rule servers no function except harrassment.

Like I said I can understand if they are executives or supervisors or somone who is with in the frist three rows of the builing or right up against it, but anything beyond that is just plain harrassment. If this guy wanted to get a lawyer I’m sure a lawyer could possibly get a “hostile work environment” suit built up for this if he sat down and tought really about it.

to add onto my previous post without editing it…
it used to be that way here at the GM plant in WM. that was years ago. exactly how long, im not sure. well over 7, since thats how long ive been in this plant. heh.
my gf’s dad, whom also works in this plant, used to have a subaru brat back a long time ago… and drove it into work quite often. IIRC, this was back in the 80s… and he never had any problems with it either. just thought id mention that.

edit- well, this is what i get when i try to click the link:
Article Not Available
The article that you are trying to view is no longer available through this Web site. The content is copyrighted by the Associated Press, which requires local6.com to delete its stories two weeks after they are originally posted.