Auto tech position

Well, I’m currently looking for a job as an auto tech. I havent had to much luck with GM dealerships, so right now I’m open to anything. I’d like a position where I’m actually fixing cars and not just doing LOF. I currently attend MCC for the GM ASEP program and hopefully will be taking some ASE tests asap. I would say I do have a good amount of knowledge towards autos, but I won’t say I know everything.

If you know of something please let me know, I also have a resume on hand :slight_smile: thanks!

-Anthony

Get working at Autozone and shit to start part time.
that way you can get the service counter ASE part of it out of the way.

Fuck working at dealerships …

start working on diesels …my work is hiring … nfta.com

Pm sent…

Uggh. I feel bad for you. Right now could quite possibly be the most shitty time in history to be graduating from any auto tech program, much less a GM tech program.

Good luck.

I don’t imagine any GM dealership will be hiring techs for awhile. The market is flooded from all the dealers getting shitcanned.

Diesel mechanics make MUCH better money and are usually at more steady locations. Try getting in as an intern anywhere and you’ll be making at least $15+ an hour to start.

P2 is the least of his worries. :meh:

Seriously though, good point - AutoZone will pay for your tests. They’re always hiring. I know, slinging parts sucks when you want to be fixing cars, but it’s a start, even if only for the ASE tests. (Next round is in October if I recall.)