Looking for a new job.

Im lookin to get out of Mavis. Anyone know any job openings?

Ive got over a year of Management/sales/retail experience, and over 4 years of automotive repair experience.

I need something where ill be making $500+ a week

and to be honest, i dont even know where to start looking.

From what I can tell its a tough time for any part of the auto industry regardless of shop/tire place etc…

Might need to start looking into another area of work.

im fine with that

What are you looking to get into?

Very vague post you made. Start searching the Times Union and get your resume thrown up on there.

Try using a head hunter to help you line up interviews.

There are plenty of Sales opportunities out there if you have experience.

IDK man im sure you know already…

Craigslist
CapitalAreaHelpWanted
Local Newspapers
Call around to local places you think you may be able to get into and ask if their hiring

Staffing agencies, they’re usualy littered all over craigslist/Capitalareahelpwanted. Give them your resume etc/and they’ll help you find something etc… They’re not to bad to deal with but sometimes its a big waiting game.

EDIT: Or headhunters as JB called them

i dont really know what im looking for. thats the problem

I’m not trying to be a dick so don’t take it the wrong way, but how do you expect anyone to refer you anything if you have no idea what you would like to do?

just seein if there is anything out there.
I just need a steady job makin enough money to live…

Everyone would like to make more than 500 a week. Sad thing is times are tough. I’m just gonna rock out and stay in school, and continue to take Police exams and other civil service exams along the way. Get my bachleor’s and go from there.

well thats what I make now, and im the lowest paid manager there

id like my job alot more if I didnt have so many STUPID tasks and have to explain to so many customers why its taking so fucking long for these idiots to change 4 tires

Like they said, figure out what you wanna do first. Sales, mechanic, manual labor, w/e. (Knowing you, maybe auto sales?)

Then get a good resume put together. Have an old english professor or a career center look it over for you too. They’ll know how to tweak it to make it the most appealing.

Once you have a solid resume find a couple staffing agencies. They will interview you and also make more suggestions about your resume. Wear a button down (tucked in), dress pants, belt, dress shoes, etc to these interviews. It will leave a better impression on the staffing agent.

Now while they look you should be looking too.

This is exactly what I did. It landed me a good job and 3 other offers. The staffing agencies still call me once in awhile to let me know of new opportunities as well.

If you stay in anything customer related you are going to have to deal with morons. Heck, I’d say in 80% of careers you have to deal with morons on one level or another. Gonna have to deal with it.

no theyre not morons, they are completly incompitent. every single one of them. i wouldnt trust any of them to work on my car or a friends car.

Only advice I can offer that hasn’t already been said is make sure you have something lined up and guaranteed before your submit your notice of leave. And stay the hell away from IT. Best of luck in your search.

Look for a management job at St. Petes, ellis or albany med. They are hiring, i just picked up a new job there. My moms head of the CRNA program at albany med, i could have her take a look for you? PM me if your interested.

Auto sales is nice to be in, but no where near consistant… i got lucky when i came in, find something outside of automotive. if i left here i don’t think i would stay in automotive anymore.

5 years in various jobs throughout the dealership world and i can say sales is the best paid for the least work… but tatto’s and earings don’t help to sell cars

here.

http://www.cs.state.ny.us/jobseeker/public/opportunities.cfm

sign up and start taking every test you can… it doesn’t matter what it is. take the test and do well. you get a very cushy job where you are required to do nothing and get paid a lot to do it

here found something for you

http://www.cs.state.ny.us/examannouncements/announcements/oc/25-233.cfm

base pay of 32,000 plus your in the state before the age of 25. Meaning you can retire at 55 and get full benifits

plus your pay will go up every year GARENTEED

Be happy you still have a job…

that is all…

Im lookin to get out of Benet. Anyone know any job openings?

Ive got over 5 years of designing expierence on pro-e, and over 3 years of geometric dimensioning and tolerance expierence.

I need something where ill be making $2000+ a week

and to be honest, i dont even know where to start looking.