Auto transmission problem

i have a 1992 auto transmission 240sx hatch…This started happening like 3 days ago…i start the car…and when i start driving the gear doesnt change from 1 - 2 its pretty much stuck on the first gear…but then i stopped the car when that happens and put it to park and back to drive then its fine…it never happened before…only problem before was that when the car goes from 1 - 2 gear i feel it as in its not smooth like 2-3 or 3-4 gear…does anyone know what the problem is ?
thanks

this happens with mine also, but it doesnt take long to get into second gear tho, it just shifts hard, really hard…and bumps you when it goes into second…then 3.4.5 gears shift so smooth its unbelieveable

i duno why mine does that, maybe its just how the trans. is ?? anyone know?

and maybe ur overdrive is off !!

yeah same with my auto 240sx…hmmmm but i play around with the gas pedal i dunno if thats why…like i try to take my foot off the gas pedal as it changes into the next gear…but there r times when i take my foot of early or too late…so i dunno maybe tahts why…but it happened twice today it was jus stuck in one gear…untill i put it to park and beack again the DRIVE…and overdrive is always switched on…

lol i do that too (take my foot off gas before the next gear kicks in) and it sort of pulls u forward as the car slows down, but it does it weird…i dont know why your car is not getting into 2nd gear properly…maybe ur trans is going…

automatics that circulate the fluid into the radiator often have the cold start problem, sometimes it will shift reasonably well the first time but once the rad cools it down too much it gets worse… happens on a lot of cars in general, you can help heat it up by two foot brake+gas in gear for 30sec

Well i know at least for all auto s14s that they made the tranny to shift like “A hard shifting manual” its like that on all auto s14s and yes its annoying as fuck, especially when your drinking coffee in the morning. i used to do the let go of the gas thing to when i was auto

overnight -15 never helps

it can also be low on atf. had a beater civic that did this when the atf went too low and i never realy saw it leak either but acted the same i say change the fluid first if n e thing or atleast check the level autos have a dipstick leave the car runnin check the level when warm perferably

lol i thought something was wrong with the tranny when i test drove the car before i bought it…cuz the first gear does pop in hard as hell it makes u feel like ur tranny is about blow …

“you can help heat it up by two foot brake+gas in gear for 30sec

the bold words has me so confused ive been staring at the monitor for like 5 mins its not making sense to me, can you explain more?

Put it in gear and stand on your brake and gas at the same time for thirty seconds to get the fluid heated.

I dunno?

My S14 shifted pretty smooth when I had it, it didn’t sound or feel how you describe. Perhaps a clutch band or solenoid is on it’s way out?

My car most of the time shifts really smooth…there is a plug underthe hood that does something with the shifting.i forgrt what its callled but if its unplugged then it casue make it feel bad when it shifts

yeah i think its the heating problem too…coz this always happens to me within the first 5 mins of driving for the day…after that its fine…but what plug were u refering to GT champion?? oh and stepping and on the brake + gas isnt that bad for the engine? 30 secs is pretty long dunt u think?