Automobile: ZL1 vs GT500 at the strip.

As is mine this yr lol

The problem is that the Camaro will never make more power than the Corvette-Ford does not have a problem as they don’t have a model in the same class as the Corvette.

The solution to anyone in this market is still the same anyway-used ZO6>Any Mustang/Camaro ever made. Beyond me why anyone would want to own one of those tanks, besides the heritage behind the name I guess.

Cause zo6,s don’t hook at the track without a serious susp !!! U know that Travis , that’s why u were all against racing till ya got the EVO .

I was ‘against’ racing for other reasons, but this is not the time or place to discuss.

Z’s hook fine at the track at moderate power levels with the right tire and driver.

200 hooks real nice. Good to know I’d beat a ZL1 on the street :slight_smile: Much less displacement too!

camaro sucks.

:rofl:rofl:rofl

+rep

hahaha you beat me to it.

EXACTLY. Notice the lack of pics as well…

will never happen. Thanks to sue happy, yuppie ass pussy’s. Just like Merica itself, the cars every year get fatter and more overweight.

Mustang 2012 GT 3650lbs
2012 SS 3900lbs

2002 Mustang GT 3250lbs
1998 Camaro SS 3400lbs

1969 Mustang 2981lbs
1969 Camaro SS 3120lbs

yeah 500+ hp is cool and all… but thats like a fat ass buying bigger jeans every year. Just break the cycle, get the cars on a diet and focus on more than dick swinging power.

black 2013 gt500 totally loaded with glass roof, damn… if the glass roof doesnt make the interior sick, i dont know what does.

I love those.

trust me, once gm starts doing all that DI stuff and they start changing bodystyles, ford will too. the stang platform is changing in 2015 i believe. it will also have an irs again. fords ecoboost tech will make its way into the stang eventually with a smaller DI v8 and turbos.

ford needs to come up with a vette competitor lineup.

Something totally new.

3150-3200lbs. put the hi-po 302 in it, and have 10+hp over the base vette. Add some aero to push past 200 without taking flight. 2 seater no bs car. $55-70K.

essentially a far cheaper GT, yes?

actually KK, i believe the next mustang platform might be just that. a smaller lighter car, with a 302 of course.

My biggest problem with this comparison article in general is that they kept talking about the cars having the same base price but as tested the ZL1 cost $58,335 and the GT-500 cost $63,080.

And to get to those prices the Camaro had these features…
Suede microfiber package- $500
Exposed carbon-fiber weave hood insert- $600
Solid dark gray stripe- $470
20-inch bright aluminum wheels- $470
GGT- $1300

And the GT-500 had these options…
Performance package- $3495
Torsen differential
Painted forged-aluminum wheels
Bilstein adjustable dampers
Unique rear springs, instrument cluster, and shift knob
SVT Track package- $2995
Engine oil cooler
Differential and transmission coolers w/pumps
Leather Recaro seats- $1595

I would have liked to see if the ZL1 would have better shot if the GT-500 didn’t already have $6k in extra go fast goodies. It also speaks volumes that the ZL1 was able to put the smack down on the road course despite this.

none of those have to do with power output. one MIGHT be able to argue that the torsen made a difference in putting the power down, but still. IMO the ford needed those options in order to be road course ready, where as the camaro already has supermagneticfaggotshocks and shitappletreeseeds from the factory.

I would just buy a used c6 z06 and mop them both up.

but thats just what I would do with my $45k I would spend.