back from the dead...HELP

so i dropped my external HD on the floor of the club this thursday,its not clicking, i can view all the files and shit, but as soon as i go to copy files to my desktop comp, nothing…i went and bought a new one today as well, tried to copy from hd to hd, nothing as well…this is 5 years + of mp3’s…anybody on here got some knowledge to drop on how to recover, im currently reading up on spinrite, i just downloaded it…apparently i need to remove the hd from the casing and install in the desktop and then use this, im not sure about it yet though, any input is appreciated! OG heads get at me!

p.s what happened to my old account? lol

Greg call me I can give you a hand.

Worst case scenario, Krazy Borg of 19 will have to recover it.

As for your old account, I dunno, what was it called? PM me the info.

spinrite may take a few days but i’ve had it work excellent before. On drives that were thought to be dead.

Buy the same drive and swap the platters VERY CAREFULLY.

I never understood this - if mp3’s are this important to you, why wouldn’t you back them up??? I have my mp3’s burned to DVDs for just such an occasion.

yea yea yea…i agree, which is why i will always stay with 2 externals from now on…it is currently recovering, tonight will be the moment of truth…

rick thanks for the offer! i got your message about a day too late lol, we have to get up regardless soon!

before you do anything, try putting the hdd in the freezer for an extended amount of time, and then plug it back in and give it a try, serious

yea i read up on this, we went the pop out of case put in desktop and recover file route instead, thanks tho!