Bad Frame rails!!

i have just accuired my 93 Nissan 240sx and i had just discoverd that it has rotted, rusty frame rails, i was just wondering if anyone can help me and let me know what i should do if i want to take action and fix it

You can order new frame rails from Nissan dealer and replace them.

The rails from Nissan have been discontinued for a while, how does everyone not know this already? ANyways, strip the carpet and bring it to a welder, I’m sure someone here knows a good one in your area.

Looks like I’m the lucky one, cause I’ve got one Two months ago.
It end up I don’t need one, so give me Your BEST OFFER PEOPLE!:smiley:

How bad is the frame, I have a 240 with around 12" of rust right through the frame on the front passenger side. The rest is pretty mint so how bad is “badly” rusted on S13’s?

Rust is never good… if you have any rust on your frame rails it needs to be repaired simple as that.

Ittttts OK man, just drive slow, avoid patholes, road bumps and big ass passengers:D

Why is this question asked every single week?

Is everyone so lazy that they cannot hit the search button anymore?

The same reason every other repeated question is asked every single week. You said it… People are too damn lazy to hit the search button.

That and the search function on thse forms is kinda shitty…

Why not sticky a thread this important. One big thread containing any rust info needed since the 240’s seem to be big on the whole rust thing. Just a thought.

Is this the first time anybody point that?
[SIZE=“5”][SIZE=“6”][SIZE=“4”] the search function on these forms is kinda shitty…[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

since my engine has 290,000 kms on it im pretty sure i sure make sure the frames are able to support a sr20 swap…would that be the smartest thing to do? plz very open to suggestions

lol my first 240 had shit frame rails, i got them boxed in if u pm me i know a great body shop that has already done more then his number of 240’s from this site alone. good work and good cost.
200 bucks for a side and a lil more. if u hnave any rust going onto your floor he will do that too