Soon to be another 240sx SAVED from the scrap heap!!!

Hey all, i just bought a 91 240sx on saturday for a project car. I bought it for only $350 and am planning on fixing it and putting it back on the streets. Ive some have downloaded the entire manual for free somewhere so i shouldn’t have a problem not know what to do. im currently going to be working on rust and customizing looks since all mechanical is great. :R

The goods:

• it runs and drives great with 210 400km
  • new tokico shocks all around
  • new 3" exhaust
  • new clutch
  • sleepy eyes (without cutting the brown wire)… i like to be unique
  • have each head light winking sepretly ( light goes on and off, not flip indepently)

The bads:
Like any s13 out there, theres rust. For myne, its 18 years old ( built in 1990 as one of the first 240sx of the 1991 year) and has lots of it.

• needs new floors around the rear seat foot area
  • holes in the front under the feet
  • surface rust is the rear trunk area
    -OF COURSE THE FRAME RAIL RUST( Both Sides)…if anyone you lend a hand with what to do and material or even help would be amazing.
  • rear fender rust

The Future:
Big plans to make it a beaut!.

• will add bings wide body fender
  • great stereo with 2 12" pumping 1800 Rms
  • short shifter
  • Flat colour paint (paint soon to be decided on colour).

will post pics asap

Cool! I just bought a '90 in charcoal gray. Mine’s auto though… Similar problems with the body, though mines only the rockers and rear fenders, the frame rail rust is only surface. Not severe yet :wink:

Can’t wait to see your pics. I need some inspiration!

good luck lotsa work ahead look into maybe getting some square or rectangular tubing bent up from a proper bending house (yellowpages)

this will be maaad stronger than the regular patch and look the same. lotsa guys trying to get the OE rails cant find em i think theyre cancelled

best of luck on your projects boys…now go get 'em!

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]403[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]404[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]406[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]407[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]408[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]411[/ATTACH]

dam, good luck man, mine were patched up and the metal used was not as thick as you may think. Well good thing your rails still have their shape. some 240sx’s i see with rusted out rails are all warped and mangled so your not that bad!

Talk to fastback240, he’s making some stainless-steel frame arches that would be perfect for your frame’s condition.

yea i have to talk to him if i have issues. i know he does good work. i almost bough his car a few months ago when he was selling it. i wanted more of a project than what hes driving.

Wow… Seeing those pics, if you didn’t buy that car as a project, I would’ve bought it as a parts car! Its got EVERYTHING that I need to make mine ‘just the way I like it’.

But good on your for taking on this project! I know I would’ve never tackled it… Just too big of a project for my current status (1st year college this September) Its going to look sweet when you’re done!

Also, I noticed you’re in Ajax as well, where in Ajax are you? I’m south, about a few blocks from the lake. I live just past Shoal Point.

PLEASE start useing photobucket lol

that being said, looks like fun man! i wish i could be working on mine right now =( but i have to put it into stoage for a while, sell my truck and be driving around in my sr s13… gehy.

but in anycase yeah i dont live far from you… let me know if you need anything.

mod… basterd. hey rick

…**** you to

lol

Yea fastback_240, im that kid that came to look at the one in your dp a while back when you were selling it. Seeing your frame work enspired me to get another project 240. Does the frame need 1/4" or can i go 1/8".

XSNRGE, i just live on the other side of 401. hwy 2 and hardwood. we should hook up some time. Yea im kinda in the same position as you going into the 1st year of collage. Im lucky now that i can do all the welding i need at school for the next few months then buy a welder if i have to. i have a date of 2 years kinda set for the entire project to be finished. its a long way a way but it will look good and be worth it

just wondering, if i were to part this car out, what would people want and for what price? I am Thinking on doing this soon so plese comment and let me know asap. i need the money so im look for people that want parts, not prices for parts if i were to find the right buyer. let me know Thanks