Bad wheel bearing

So i have a bad front wheel bearing. how can i tell which one? I think its if you turn right and it gets louder, then its the right side. is that correct? i need to change this tomorrow.

The best way is just to jack up the car and see if you can wiggle the wheel at all in all directions. If you can then thats it. I just replaced both of my front bearings and that other theory is not always correct.

if u turn right all the weight will be on the left side, if it gets louder its the left side

when turning left all the weight is on the right side, if it gets loude its the right side

u can check them by putting the wheel u think it is in teh air and grabbing it form top and bottom and rock it. If there any kind of play in any direction its bad.

thats what i’ve always gone by, if you turn left and its loud its the right, if you turn right and its loud then its the left

this theory is not always correct either.

side-to-side play can also be bad tie-rod ends, up-and-down play can be bad ball joints.
unless you are under the car looking at the hub and carrier as you rock it, you won’t be sure.
if it’s just squeaking check for uneven pad wear, caliper drag, or make sure the dust shield (if it has 'em) isn’t contacting the rotor - look for a small gouge on the rotor’s reverse side.

not trying to contradict you - just a thought. :tup:

if u have up down and side side its ur wheel bearing . if it gets louder by turning u will be able to use this method

Thats why i said “in all directions” in my post. Either way any play is not good