Badnewsmini= SCUMBAG

meh, i’ve met Mike several times…always seems like a cool dude to me…

you bought a car “as is”…whenever the seller specifies that the car is for sale “as is” you have to assume there’s something(s) wrong with it…

you’re a mechanic…which makes this even worse…not for the fact that you didnt notice anything wrong, but for the fact that you’re on here complaining knowing there’s nothing that can be done, and that people do in fact get scammed every day (not saying you were scammed though).

the situation sucks, scammers suck, breaking/broken cars suck…but on the other hand, destroying reputations on a whim sucks, and verbally/publicly attacking somebody before really investigating sucks…

i dont see any party at fault more than the other here…time to move on with life.

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:41,topic:34591"”]

you bought a car “as is”…whenever the seller specifies that the car is for sale “as is” you have to assume there’s something(s) wrong with it…

you’re a mechanic…which makes this even worse…not for the fact that you didnt notice anything wrong, but for the fact that you’re on here complaining knowing there’s nothing that can be done, and that people do in fact get scammed every day (not saying you were scammed though).

the situation sucks, scammers suck, breaking/broken cars suck…but on the other hand, destroying reputations on a whim sucks, and verbally/publicly attacking somebody before really investigating sucks…

i dont see any party at fault more than the other here…time to move on with life.

[/quote]

:word: Couldn’t agree more

Im not a mechanic and not an expert.

When I went to look at a bike, I almost bought to check it out.

When I looked at cars, I had a mechanic come with me to look everything over. Even put it up on a lift and got shit checked out.

Gotta trust no one when buying used. No matter who it is. Thats just what this world has come to.

[quote=“boxxa,post:43,topic:34591"”]

When I went to look at a bike, I brought to check it out.

[/quote]

YOU HAVE A BIKE?!@?
what kind

[quote=“I Have an STD,post:35,topic:34591"”]

and RX3, do you jack up and slide under every car you buy?

[/quote]

Yes. Especially at dealerships.

Every vehicle I currently own was thoroughly gone over by me including jacking it up. I’ll roll to the dealership with my own jack, or at the very least a telescoping mirror. They hate that :slight_smile:

I dont think this guy is trying to get any sympothy for the fact that he kinda got screwed, he is mearly trying to point out the fact that that badnewsmini clearly knew and admitted to knowing that the tranny was cracked and didnt post this info in the For sale thread or bring it to the attention of the new owner, which = shitty. used cars are always a gamble and theres no getting around it, and hes only tryin to point out a shady seller, bad move mike what ever your reason was. end

[quote=“FightinMike,post:39,topic:34591"”]

did you feel that, it felt as if an entire forum of whiny bitches suddenly turned into giant hypocrites…

If this happened to any of you there would be a whiny thread up as well. I dont know either of these guys and I dont really care, but wtf.

[/quote]

thats how it is with half the hypoctie fucks on here. Everythings a joke and “too bad, your loss” as long as its not their shit. Im not the only one that notices the large population of big mouth tools.

[/quote]

that doesnt mean squat when it comes to this transaction since you were not there

people do in fact get scammed every day (not saying you were scammed though).

[/quote]

according to the OP, the seller FLAT OUT denied any knowledge of problems with the transmission when asked about the leak. JB Weld on the cracks PROVES prior knowledge as well as a attempt to cover it up (the cracks and resulting leak)

he was lied to AND scammed

destroying reputations on a whim sucks, and verbally/publicly attacking somebody before really investigating sucks…

[/quote]

Nothing was done at a whim and this kid has every right to be pissed.
He had a legitimate beef according to the story. NYSPEED needs to learn some reading comprehension and not skim and “grape vine” twist OP into their own version.

[/quote]

Negligence in checking a vehicle over is very different then being lied to about its condition.,

[quote=“IKSHO89,post:46,topic:34591"”]

I dont think this guy is trying to get any sympothy for the fact that he kinda got screwed, he is mearly trying to point out the fact that that badnewsmini clearly knew and admitted to knowing that the tranny was cracked and didnt post this info in the For sale thread or bring it to the attention of the new owner, which = shitty. used cars are always a gamble and theres no getting around it, and hes only tryin to point out a shady seller, bad move mike what ever your reason was. end

[/quote]

I would suggest you go look at the FS thread that badnewsmini posted again.

[quote=“Violator,post:47,topic:34591"”]

thats how it is with half the hypoctie fucks on here. Everythings a joke and “too bad, your loss” as long as its not their shit. Im not the only one that notices the large population of big mouth tools.

[/quote]

I would suggest you go look at that thread too.

The problem was found by STD, noted by badnews, and they obviously negotiated on a reduced price. STD bought the car KNOWING OF THE FLAW. HE IS A MECHANIC (allegedly).

He has no one to blame but himself.

Is badnewsmini not at fault? Certainly not. But the facts are the facts.

If the shit is fucked up, or you run into something unexpected, don’t buy it.

If you negotiate based on fucked up shit, and still buy the car, then it’s YOUR PROBLEM. :hay:

I’m glad he posted, the word is definitely out about badnews. Don’t really feel sorry for him, because in the end the final decision was his. Just say no next time. Live and learn, he’ll be a better shopper after this experience.

[quote=“badnewsmini,post:38,topic:34591"”]

Honestly this is the ad when I bought it:

“All stock and original 1996 Acura Integra GSR sedan, DOHC VTEC motor, 116K miles, 5-speed, BFGoodrich TA Pro Series 195/60-R15 tires with good tread, stock alloys. Runs and drives perfect. New plugs, fresh oil and filter, new rear disc brake pads, new thermostat and antifreeze, new wiper blades, ready to drive anywhere. The car was slightly side swiped, and the doors, bumper cover and right fender have been repainted. There are some other small dents, some sand-scratches under the new paint, and a couple of paint runs, but it is a very presentable car. Also, the black plastic running board trim under the passenger rear door is cracked, with about 3 inches missing near the rear wheel, and the alloys have some curb scuffs on the edges. This car has been checked an will pass NY State Safety & Emissions Inspection, otherwise it sells as-is. Clear, original NY Title, showing “NEW” 1 owner vehicle.”

the carfax showed the accident that was posted in the ad. you noticed the headlight out of the cover and the tranny leak. I’m guessing it was a front end collision…

I wasn’t hiding it or I wouldn’t have made such threads as

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30414
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35522

I stated in the ad it didn’t Burn or leak oil or coolant… not tranny fluid.

and I knocked off 200 for what will probably end up costing less the n 20.00 in JB weld.

I figured you would find the leak when you got there (yes Prolly should have told you before… that’s a little shady)

but as every one said it still an awesome deal. it drives so well… I really loved that car…

and my current DD blows a quart of oil every time it hits V-tec previous never stated anything bout that… its what you get from a used car…

also at the time of me buying the acura he never stated of a tranny leak and had it parked on a lawn… I bought off E-Gay drove to Binghampton (with a truck and trailer) for it… and paid 3700 for it.

[/quote]

I don’t know why anyone is trying to defend badnews, he admits that what he did was shady.

hmm, shitty situation. If I were you I’d JB weld the shit out of it and sell it for more!! haha

[quote=“Rx3,post:49,topic:34591"”]

I would suggest you go look at the FS thread that badnewsmini posted again.

I would suggest you go look at that thread too.

The problem was found by STD, noted by badnews, and they obviously negotiated on a reduced price. STD bought the car KNOWING OF THE FLAW. HE IS A MECHANIC (allegedly).

He has no one to blame but himself.

Is badnewsmini not at fault? Certainly not. But the facts are the facts.

If the shit is fucked up, or you run into something unexpected, don’t buy it.

If you negotiate based on fucked up shit, and still by the car, then it’s YOUR PROBLEM. :hay:

I’m glad he posted, the word is definitely out about badnews. Don’t really feel sorry for him, because in the end the final decision was his. Just say no next time. Live and learn, he’ll be a better shopper after this experience.

[/quote]

a tranny leak is one thing… typically a seal or something trivial… no big deal. CRACKS in a transmission from a accident is a whole other matter. Thats major and should have been disclosed… especially when the buyer ASKED about it.

[quote=“Violator,post:52,topic:34591"”]

a tranny leak is one thing… typically a seal or something trivial… no big deal. CRACKS in a transmission from a accident is a whole other matter. Thats major and should have been disclosed… especially when the buyer ASKED about it.

[/quote]

Yeah the crack wasn’t disclosed (shame on badnews). But the guy went over, inspected the car SAW THE CRACKED TRANNY, pointed it out, negotiated the price down, then still bought the car! :eek:

[quote=“I Have an STD,post:39,topic:33056"”]

we agreed on $3400 because it had a few more dings than i expected, and i found a small tranny fluid leak. good deal for both of us. im glad i found a gsr i could afford, and it really does drive almost like new.

so mike, youve bought one from me, i’ve bought one from you, so now we’re even. let me know when that del sol is $150 :wink: im sure you and i will do business again. thanks mike.

[/quote]

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34564

ok RX3, for the sake of being fair I read the entire FS thread as well as the 2 others posts. No where does it specify CRACKS/holes. The kid pointed out a leak which most of us motor heads with experience know as something simple as a seal/gasket.

Cracks in the transmission casing or engine block are MAJOR issues. A leak is no where near as significant. That combined with the fact that seller knew the cause and said “i never saw that before” makes this a shitty deal.

[quote=“Violator,post:54,topic:34591"”]

Cracks in the transmission casing or engine block are MAJOR issues. A leak is no where near as significant. That combined with the fact that seller knew the cause and said “i never saw that before” makes this a shitty deal.

[/quote]

So you are basically telling me if you were in this situation, and you saw a tranny leak, you wouldn’t take the 5 minutes to go under the car, wipe the leak of with some paper towels or something, and check to see where the leak was coming from? :confused: Cracks don’t happen overnight. If the crack is as bad as he is saying, he would have seen it if he took the time to look, right?

I’m not disputing that the disclosure is shady. I’m saying if the buyer was paying attention to detail (especially since he’s a mechanic), we wouldn’t have this thread right now. Am I right or wrong?

[quote=“badnewsmini,post:38,topic:34591"”]

I figured you would find the leak when you got there (yes Prolly should have told you before… that’s a little shady)

[/quote]

Jesus, that says it all right there. End of thread…

[quote=“Rx3,post:55,topic:34591"”]

So you are basically telling me if you were in this situation, and you saw a tranny leak, you wouldn’t take the 5 minutes to go under the car, wipe the leak of with some paper towels or something, and check to see where the leak was coming from? :confused:
Cracks don’t happen overnight. If the crack is as bad as he is saying, he would have seen it if he took the time to look, right?

[/quote]

yes, but the buyer specifically asked about the leak… and seller acted like he never saw it before.

Having owned the car for a reasonable mount of time and done prior repairs one would assume seller had ample time to look it over closely and had intimate knowledge of any problems.

Sooo, when the buyer asked, he assumed he would get a honest answer. I think many of us would have taken the sellers word for it, especially since several people on here describe him as " a nice guy"

[quote=“Rx3,post:55,topic:34591"”]

I’m not disputing that the disclosure is shady. I’m saying if the buyer was paying attention to detail (especially since he’s a mechanic), we wouldn’t have this thread right now. Am I right or wrong?

[/quote]

You are correct.

Should have he been more thorough… yes.
Does he have good reason to make this thread and have a legit complaint… I say yes.

If one bought a used vehicel from a dealer and serious problems were not disclosed there may be grounds for litigation. Its not the same situation but I think you see the point I am making.

Yep. I agree.

omg an agreement. please end this thread on that note.

violator has it right. thanks man. and now you guys know, there is no rebuttal. mike admitted he was shady.

and i even searched for his recent posts to see if there was anything about the GSR. i found the one about buying a new trans, but he still stated that the trans “shifted like butter”. i NEVER saw the one about popping out of 5th. i know from experience, popping out of 5th means looooow fluid.