Banned from RPSEED

I agree, Vlad is doing a great job. This forum seems like a really close knit bunch of guys, and it seems like everyone likes to just joke and get along. This is basically the only forum I go to now (H-T for info). I feel like an outsider though because I don’t know anyone :sad

:hug

not true at all… got proof?

this is completely ridiculous. I’m actually shocked how stupid this comment is. How can it be about money when he doesn’t make anyone pay anything? It’s your choice if you want to contribute and get extra features.

The amount of moderation over on rspeed is being grossly over exaggerated here. If any of this was true than the thread between Justin and Mike would have been modded to hell by now and it hasn’t even been touched.

Yeah, the moderation isn’t ridiculous anymore. The moderation complaints would have to go way back to the “original” website back when Dom and Mike had what could be argued to be the best thread in capital region history…then that place went on concentration camp lockdown as far as moderation. The “new” rspeed moderation has been fair for the most part. Hell, Mike HATES me and I moderate sports. What’s that tell you?

No.

He still moderates posts/sigs based on whatever he wants. I guess it depends on what your definition of what “ridiculous” is but any moderation due to personal reasons is wrong, IMHO. He changed my sig a few weeks ago.

You being a moderator is the wierdest appointment since GWB tried to push his janitor in the Supreme Court. :eek:

I put a good amount of blame on his A-hole friends from Roc. I’m sure I’m not the only one that hesitates to post cause they don’t want to deal with their BS

I said the same thing before and I got banned. How many days do you get for your comment?

Gotta give it to Dom, he knows how to really keep things going… :lol

I saw that you got the 7-day ban than I kept my mouth shut. And thats a perfect sign of bad moderation.

At least you are honest. Thanks for leaving me to rot. :slight_smile:

BTW, I don’t need proof. I am the proof.

well you do need proof when you make crazy claims that mods bought the moderation rights. Justin isn’t even a paying member and he got mod rights to the sports section.

Im still a member there, I still think Mike is a good guy… but “doesnt make anyone pay anything?” Members are hounded to buy the premium membership. Ive seen real good tech posts get deleted because “only premium members can post that many pictures in a thread” Most of the people that join from the roc are a bunch of dumbass boneheads who… pay for the premium membership.

Ive heard the argument that no one makes any money off the membership fees… so why not get rid of it, or not have it in the first place

I didn’t say that mods bought the moderation rights. I said a moderator position was offered for money. This is 100% true.

how does he hound you?

If there is a pic limit than it wouldn’t even allow you to post it. What tech articles are you talking about? I do disagree with some of the things that mike has done, but I will stick up for him when you people keep making outrageous claims about him and his moderation choices.

unlimited pic hosting sucks up a lot of bandwidth. Bandwidth = money. So it’s only fair for those that use the bandwidth to pay. I have no problem doing so. He is paying a monthly fee for the bandwidth he uses, the memberships pay a small portion of that bill. The membership package is a one time cost, the bandwidth bill is never ending… don’t see how you can even think he is making any money on it.

well then thats pretty damn lame

i agree. vlad has been doing an excellent job at running the forums. i don’t know too many people on here either, so don’t feel left out. when it gets a little better out i’m sure we will all meet up. ;D

The pictures were hosted elsewhere. Im not going to get into this anymore than I already have, but im not making personal attacks here, people do get hounded, money is made.

A good example is if you punch in the URL to one of those website appraisals: shift here is said to be worth about 200 bucks (sounds right-ish) and Rspeed.org is estimated at over $100,000. All the banners, links, business cards, T-shirts, sigs what do you think the point is? Pride that your a member of a forum with only “off topic” posts for $30 a year?

highlighted important part since you must have missed it.

so you are going to go by some random BS site worth estimator rather than a person you actually know. Well done, sir

I was going to highlight that as well, copy and pasted from rspeed:

Basic Member - $15 / Year Premium Member - $30 / Year