My attempt to make an effort to help out the scene...

Background: Last night, I made my first post/thread on the ultra-high-profile RSpeed in over 2-3months telling them about the Shift518 meet. All I did was post a link, date, place, and said “if you’re interested in hanging out with fellow enthusiasts, feel free to stop by and have a good time.” Within I’d say 18hrs, the thread was deleted. This convo is between the owner and operator of the site and I.

UnderSteerN2Wall (4:12:07 PM): did you delete the shift518 meet thread?
aidem citonhcet (4:12:13 PM): yes
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:12:17 PM): why?
aidem citonhcet (4:12:29 PM): because shift518 is not a sponsor on rspeed
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:12:42 PM): MeanDesigns is, correct?
aidem citonhcet (4:12:45 PM): nope
aidem citonhcet (4:12:49 PM): and wouldn’t matter anyways
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:12:52 PM): why?
aidem citonhcet (4:13:07 PM): because mean designs is not shift518
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:13:16 PM): mean designs is parent company to shift518
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:13:27 PM): sort of like technotic media and elegance or w/e
aidem citonhcet (4:15:32 PM): if that is the case legally, then great, but mean designs is not a sponsor of rspeed, and most likely we wouldn’t let it be posted on there anyways
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:15:42 PM): for what reason?
aidem citonhcet (4:15:55 PM): who cares lol
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:15:59 PM): i do
aidem citonhcet (4:16:06 PM): mean designs is not a sponsor, /thread lol
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:16:23 PM): but even if they were, what is the reason you wouldn’t let it be posted?
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:17:15 PM): whether it may be a personal grievance with vlad or what, do you just not care about the scene?
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:18:10 PM): why did you start rspeed? to help the scene grow?
aidem citonhcet (4:18:15 PM): besides personal issues, why would anyone want that posted on rspeed… everyone knows about the bullshit that is posted about rspeed on there
aidem citonhcet (4:18:15 PM): you think that doesn’t get brought to my attention?
aidem citonhcet (4:18:17 PM): what scene?
aidem citonhcet (4:18:33 PM): local? rspeed isn’t about the local “scenes” anymore
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:18:47 PM): no, but the scene of automotive and motorcycle enthusiasts altogether
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:19:00 PM): and you don’t see me or vlad talking shit about rspeed
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:19:05 PM): as i respect you and the work you’ve done
aidem citonhcet (4:19:21 PM): i see vlad
aidem citonhcet (4:19:30 PM): not you, but i don’t see you defending either
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:19:59 PM): no, but i have no reason to
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:20:41 PM): when i signed up for rspeed and paid for the premium membership, no where did it say i must defend rspeed.
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:20:55 PM): but mike, why did you start rspeed?
aidem citonhcet (4:21:29 PM): i wasn’t getting at the premium membership thing
aidem citonhcet (4:21:32 PM): but nice try :wink:
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:21:46 PM): no, but even when i signed up, it didn’t say anything about defending rspeed
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:22:03 PM): i did when i thought rspeed was a great forum, but you and i both know it’s died in the past year or so from what it once was
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:22:11 PM): but please answer me… why did you start rspeed?
aidem citonhcet (4:23:11 PM): why do you care? I don’t have time to argue with you over aim about why you can’t post about a useless site that bashes my site
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:23:34 PM): i care because the reason you started rspeed is the same reason why vlad started shift518
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:23:55 PM): and i remember when rspeed consisted of some APG forum bashing way back when that forum existed
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:24:03 PM): you wanted to help the scene grow, correct?
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:24:17 PM): you wanted to get more people interested in cars, bikes, whatever
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:25:03 PM): so by not allowing a damn thread about a meet just trying to get several enthusiasts in the same place, it goes against what you originally started rspeed for
aidem citonhcet (4:25:05 PM): actually, rspeed was originally a car club back when apg forums were around
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:25:15 PM): oh i know, then it turned into something bigger
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:25:25 PM): you still allowed non-club members to post
aidem citonhcet (4:25:45 PM): i’m all about helping the car/bike scene out, but that doesn’t involve helping shift518 out
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:25:53 PM): it has nothing to do with shift
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:25:59 PM): what if i labeled it as “huge car meet”
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:26:06 PM): no event promotors, so to speak
aidem citonhcet (4:26:20 PM): well i’d say, now its too late
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:26:24 PM): why?
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:26:29 PM): no one has to know
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:26:38 PM): just because vlad’s gonna be behind the grill cooking?
aidem citonhcet (4:26:56 PM): what do you care? its not like any of you guys post on rspeed anyways, so it’s easier to just drop it
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:27:09 PM): because it’s dead, the traffic is low
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:27:20 PM): from the last login of june 11th, until my post, only 1100 posts
aidem citonhcet (4:27:28 PM): actually traffic is very high, postcount is low
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:28:22 PM): either way, why not help fellow enrepreneurs out?
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:28:34 PM): we’re all about voicing opinions
aidem citonhcet (4:28:44 PM): lmao
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:29:00 PM): some posts may be against rspeed, yea, but it’s not like we promote it
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:29:12 PM): it’s not like we have a huge banner across the site saying “talk shit about rspeed here!”
aidem citonhcet (4:29:20 PM): you don’t stop it either… so much for helping out a fellow entrepreneur
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:29:37 PM): because we let our members post their opinions without editing them
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:29:45 PM): i did my helping out
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:29:50 PM): $30 later
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:30:07 PM): vlad even had a vendor section on YOUR site even while shift518 was starting
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:30:16 PM): then you let some personal grievance get in the way or whatever
aidem citonhcet (4:30:39 PM): i did? if you only knew
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:30:48 PM): you’re right, i don’t know
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:31:21 PM): i remember you getting pissed off for vlad promoting shift518, which in no way do me or vlad consider a ‘competing’ website
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:31:33 PM): telling him to get another vendor listing as shift518
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:33:39 PM): why not just let it be and allow an event that’s promoting the scene, which you seem to not give a shit about, to be posted about?
aidem citonhcet (4:34:22 PM): i asked him to get another account, which seems that all of the other mods/admins were in agreement about, and he got all pissy
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:34:47 PM): but mean designs is the parent company of shift518
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:35:01 PM): on his dba, it’s mean designs
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:35:06 PM): he doesn’t have two
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:35:08 PM): he doesn’t need to
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:35:20 PM): he doesn’t try to make money of of shift, he gives the paper out for free
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:37:54 PM): so why not make an attempt to help someone out who is just trying to do the same thing you did a few years ago?
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:40:57 PM): it’s not like it’s a competing website or anything
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:42:15 PM): you gonna respond?
aidem citonhcet (4:43:36 PM): got nothin to say, and i’m working on some sites, trying to get ready to leave
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:44:01 PM): well are you gonna allow the promotion of an event which just happens to be hosted by Shift518 on your site?
aidem citonhcet (4:44:09 PM): no
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:44:32 PM): well i tried. i just see that this goes to show you’re not in it for any scene, you’re just in it for yourself
aidem citonhcet (4:45:12 PM): think what you want
UnderSteerN2Wall (4:45:39 PM): i will until proven otherwise
aidem citonhcet is away at 4:49:03 PM.

RiceyWhiteCivic, we miss you!

we’ll i dont miss you, cause your site is gay. And typically that would excite me, but not when the owner is a D-BAG! :gay

It’s a shame we are allowed to voice our opinions without being edited. :sad

seriously, being sore about something pointless isnt gonna help his site. moron. RSpeed officially deleted.

That kid sounds like a big cry baby who can’t get over the fact is forum has gone to shit.

^^exactly what i got from reading that

pa-thetic… ive been calling MIKE CENTOLA a douchebag for years. he just proved my point. /discussion.

He’s clearly in it to make money and try to prosper as a web designer or whatever. He’s just hurt that a majority of his members from the Capital District came here and seem to like it a lot more.

Shift518>Rspeed

BTW Rspeed’s spring meet seemed to be a sweet turnout… ::slight_smile:

now i dont know this guy from rspeed, but i think i had an account there, and i left after one of my posts was deleted and then another was edited… and it wasnt like i said anything foul or anything…so i said fuck it and left… but theres alot of forums where the owner has a god complex and the moderators do as well and they go all net nazi on the membership…

YES!!! way to act like a 13 year old middle school girl save an AIM convo where you try purposely to set someone up to say something to make themself look bad

seriously, how many threads are on rspeed bashing shift?.. 0 how many are on shift bashing rspeed? then on top of everything else no one from rspeed including mike and the mods over there say anything about shift yet it seems that all the mods here love to make there hatred for rspeed known to all and persuade them to think the same, cossey you started the convo with him purposely trying to make him say something to get him to look like an ass, yet you don’t think he already knows thats your whole reason for talking to him in the first place.

you guys wonder why so few people are on rspeed from this area, i guess it’s just from the lack of maturity and responsibility found in this “scene” to want to be part of a forum where drama is not part of the norm.

this site seems to be quickly going down to the level apg forums when it comes to the amount of un-need b/s and selfstarted drama.

pathetic

quick edit: not saying all forum members here are drama whore, just a select few that control most

i dont think cossey was trying to set anyone up, he was just trying get get an explanation for the thread delete.

Its public domain he shouldnt have acted like a prick if he didnt want it out obviously ne one with half a brain, travis koch included would know that any thing said has the chance to be spread.

i was thinking more along the lines of rspeed sucks and hence thats why none of us really frequent that forum anymore? seems a bit more feasible, no? brew i got nothing against you… but the way that site is run is HORSESHIT. rspeed is just another forum in the long list of failures that has been instituted by mike. he lets his greed for money (and his father lets it be known too) that we are worthless and that they are only in the scene to profit somehow. fuck that. he can eat a fat cock for all im concerned.

as much as i tend not to agree with travis ;D, based on the info i know (this thread and other peoples experiences with rspeed, i feel the same way.

just so i know

where is he trying to make money off the scene?

rspeed membership, tm autofest (or whatever the fuck the name of the show is hes cancelling this year), buying vendor status on his sight, etc… hes trying to profit off the scene and if u dont see that brew… ur blinded by ur love of his manhood.

nevermind question was just answered

travis do you have any info to back this up?

do you know how much autofest cost to run?

do you know how much it cost him to put the packages together for the membership?

now as for vendor fee’s it’s called advertising, all good companies have to have advertising to help them get there product out there so making money off that is just business

please any hard numbers you have on these topics that YOU bring up i would love to see them

no offense against anyone…but i dont see the point in paying for a place to speak ur opinion and then just have it edited so its no longer urs its theres…just doesnt make any sense to me…and honestly i dont think cossey was trying to set mike up either i just think mike shoulda gave him an honest reasonable answer in the begining and it woulda been done and over with…not to mention if it were me and i had beef with vlad(which i dont) i still woulda let a post about a huge meet slide through even for the popularity boost if i was that much of a douche

werd