Battery/Alternator problem I believe

Whats up guys. Well anyway heres my problem the car starts when it gets boosted and it is fine, but overnight something kills the battery and car would not be able to crank. What can be the cause? I checked alt fuse which was blown and replaced it. I installed a deck and there is alarm system in my car company that made it was Autostart(LMFAO).

Well any ideas guys? Ive been told by an uncle that it could be my alarm system draining it.

a weak battery not holding charge u have to test your batter. if ur battery ends up being ok then u have a drain.

start your car and while is running dis-connect the battery.
If the car dies, you got a shitty alt

Test the bat and see if it holds charge

last thing my alt belt seems to be slack cuz its making noises.

Have it inspected and tensioned correctly!

Worked when I had some mild squealing from that area.

get an avr done at a local shop. they’ll do it for free.

a quick alternator test to see if its working would to be liek someone mentioned, boost the car, remove positive terminal from the battery, if it still running, alternator is good, battery is bad.

if you’re unsure, wait until monday take the battery out and the alternator and get them both tested, Canadian Tire can test both components for you.

but a good start would be did this happen after the alarm or before the alarm, worst comes to worst, rip out the alarm and work your way backwards.

get yourself an voltmeter… stick the volt meter toyour battery when shes runing should read like 14V if its charging

ya but cryptic that will not correctly test the batter under a load to see if it is actually taking the charge, I can tell you right now that you batt is dead. and everytime it totally drans out it is going to get worse. Time for a new one and soon. you are putting a lot of stress on the Alt by driving around (If you are using some electrical compenents, fan/ radio etc.)

I don’t know why people are suggesting unhooking your battery while the car is running that’s not a very good idea. Espically if there is something wrong with the alternator.

If you suspect battery / alternator just take it to get load tested canadian tire will do it for free.

It sounds to me like you have a drain though. Check any non OEM parts for drain with the car off. (Disconnect the power wire and reconnect it through an amp meter to see if its drawing current).

Hey you stole my idea you bastard :slight_smile: