battery questions

my Jeep battery just took a dump on me and i am now in the market for a new battery, I also just picked up a winch that has a min of 650CCA.

what is the best battery for the cheapest price?

should i suck it up and buy a yellow/red top?

I have 2 red tops in mine and they work great for the price. 1 of them runs 2 electric compressors, my amplifiers, my TV screen and my Xbox just fine.

my car has gone through 3 batteries since I’ve had it (roughly 3 years). The last battery I got was a yellow top and I couldn’t be happier. Mainly because I got it for free, but if I could do it all over again, I would save some change, and buy a red/yellow/blue (depending on which one suits your application better) top from the getgo. I say suck it up. It’s a good investment.

Optimas are JUNK… stay away.

Go with something deep cycle, possibly marine. Reserve capacity is what you should pay attention to.

aren’t the blue tops marine and deep cycle? and the yellow tops are deep cycle?

http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/home.html

My buddy ran the blue top in his willys jeep for a while, and it still didn’t impress me for the money you drop. I’d go with a commercial truck battery or something.

My buddy runs a optima yellow top in his case 580 hoe. It has been in service for 5 years, and stills cranks that diesel over on the coldest of mornings.

I don’t think my 8000lbs winch would had worked on anything less than a yellow top, go for the optima

the yellow top has been in operation since 2002

dude i bought a yellow top optima i believe in 1998 its been in 3 cars and is now firmly bolted into the EVO’s trunk. good shit almost 10 f’n years

I agree with gearhead, stay away from optima they are def/ hit or miss

I have been through 2 redtops in the probe. Replaced under warranty and it lasted about 3 more months.

seems like the general concensus

red top sucks

im on my 4th redtop. this one seems to work at least though

my yellow top went through iraq and is giving me nothing but good things in my car. I accidently ran my electric water pump overnight in my car, and it started right up the next morning.