battle of the neons, and a bike

Were hangin out at MT and a guy from out of state come in with a red srt-4. He asks me what I have done and I tell him, then he asks if I would race him. I ask him what he’s got and he smiles and says big turbo, big intercooler, exhaust, and says lots of boost, lots of nitrous, like he’s gonna slaughter me if we run. Tells me that he knows a lot about these cars and knows exactly where I or anyone for that matter would be powerwise with what mods. Kinda cocky, but not mean or anything.
Being the nice guy that I am I lead him to the local track and we set up to the speed that we both agreed upon. The bike (badnewsmini, a Ninja ZX-7R I think) is off to our right and was following along to watch the outcome. Three beeps and we’re off, and I pull quite a bit on the other srt-4, but the bike was in the far right lane which came to an end so had to get off of it and follow in behind me. I saw no need to run the other neon anymore because it was quite obvious that I pulled hard on him. I get off at the next exit and he asks me if I would go from a slower speed. I said sure, and we line up again. I figured that I would be able to beat him even without spraying so this time I turn the nitrous off. The three of us line up again and this time from 40-130 I pull about a car or so on the neon, and the bike pulls us both by a couple cars. I told ugososlow to signal to badnewsmini that I wanted to run him again. So I turn the spray on again and beep a couple times, and we go from 60ish to 130. He started off in 3rd cause he saw how he pulled me just a few moments ago and I got a little jump, but once he got up in to his power band he stayed right at my rear bumper. I think had he started in second we would have been even the whole time, but its not often you can post a kill story about a sportbike so I’ll take it!

Cliff’s notes:
On spray: evilsrt > badnewsmini > random srt-4
Off spray: badnewsmini > evilsrt > random srt-4

Wow mad props for telling it how it was. I admit I lost to a RT neon in my car and now an SRT Neon on the bike. Im in the closet cring as I type… but good runs and Im not sure if you would like but Im up for a remach anytime.

cliff notes:
Evilsrt cool guy.
Random srt4 getting what he diserved.

badnews you shoulda went in 2nd, 60mph in 3rd = :ham:

good read though

Here are 2 vids. quality sucks/rong setting anda chick was holding the camera :wink:

http://wackysearch.com/images/evil1.MPG

http://wackysearch.com/images/evil2.MPG

nice runs :tup: youre pretty far up the list i noticed :eyebrow:

Yeah, that guys wasn’t the brightest, that’s for sure :lol:

damn it, I knew I should of went to mighty. Good runs :tup:

You should have let her drive, and did the camera work yourself.:ohnoes: It was cool that Evilsrt let me ride shotgun. The “PEON”, as he calls it, really jerks you back and holds you there. Definately a thrill ride for me. Makes me want to get my ‘Vette up to that level. You guys that are left of Evilsrt on the < ? < thread better look out, Evil is comin’ to get you!:fyi:

nice runs man:tup:

if you need a camera guy next time lemme know :slight_smile:

Did he say what turbo he had on there? I doubt any SRT4 with a big turbo is going to spray big. A big turbo properly tuned is already going to be pushing the limits of the SRT internals, so spray on top of that is just asking for trouble, unless they already upgraded the complete bottom end.

EvilSRT, what does your car run? I’d run you sometime if you want.

–mark

No he didn’t say. You could hear his turbo pretty good through his exhaust, which led me to beleive that it was still the stock turbo. Most larger turbos don’t have that unique sound through the exhaust.
My cars runs a 12.4 off the spray. I’ve never been to the track while spraying it. Yeah come on out to buffalo I’ll run ya. You have an old school GLH?

I’ll have to show you. Its my modern interpretation of the GLH :slight_smile:

–mark

sounds sweet, come on out some night.

Definatly.

Have you raced Erik with the black SRT by chance? He pulled a 12.52 @ 109 at the track. His fastest trap is 111.

–mark

Nope I don’t think I’ve ever met him.