BeaveRun Lapping *VID*

Sam is probably used to instructors yelling in his car…

aka stephen yeoh :lol:

[quote=“Zong,post:21,topic:27761"”]

Sam is probably used to instructors yelling in his car…

aka stephen yeoh :lol:

[/quote]

BREAK BREAK BREAK GGGAAS GASSS GASSSS!

[quote=“Locutus,post:22,topic:27761"”]

[/quote]

You’ve got to love the enthusiasm though :lol:

Smooth driving. Car sounds like sex as well.

I am missing out bigtime on road course lapping…

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:24,topic:27761"”]

Smooth driving. Car sounds like sex as well.

I am missing out bigtime on road course lapping…

[/quote]

Thanks to awd for the smooth driving. Thanks to Hybrid for making it quick and handle.

Lapping can be inexpensive if you go to the NYSpeed track days at Dunnville. It doesn’t get much cheaper than $50 for a lapping day. Also, there is plenty of run off there and the speeds don’t get too high so this is a really good opportunity for people who are interested in tracking their cars to get started. Those with a bit more experience will definitely help the newer drivers get comfortable with their cars.

[quote=“Locutus,post:22,topic:27761"”]

[/quote]

:lol:

KEEP ON THE GASS GASSS GASSS!!!

Rick, you could have gone faster :bloated: :banghead:

[quote=“EvoMR,post:14,topic:27761"”]

Thanks for the feedback on the driving everyone. Anyone who wants to try lapping should get to BeaveRun. The course isn’t too difficult to navigate with basic competency and there is plenty of runoff all over the place. You can also get there within 3 hours. I definitely plan to go back in the near future.

I am going to Watkins this Saturday and Sunday and the on track experience there is just plain scary.

[/quote]

if you don’t mind some company shoot me a PM next time you are going down. that track looks like a blast, and i really need to get some track time in before the sho convention in july.

How much does BeaverRun usually run you cost wise? and just out of
curiousity how much fuel do you go through in a day of lapping? I know i used a full tank (14gal) at TMP but my car was stock then and now it is making 3X more power.

This video gets my heart going. I love seeing shit like this, it makes all the long nights and stress worth it. I love this car. Probably my favorite car. This is setup as if I owned the car.

The HD vid is amazing.

[quote=“somedude,post:27,topic:27761"”]

How much does BeaverRun usually run you cost wise?

[/quote]

You should probably take a look at this thread:

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10107

Lots of organizations that do trackdays at Beaver Run. I think the Beave’s website also lists a few (that is also linked in that thread). Prices vary a bit between organizations, expect anywhere from $150-300 depending on who is running the event.

As for gas, Beaver Run’s North Circuit (the circuit EVOMR ran) is 1.5 miles.

I’ll let Sam speak for his car, but depending on how the different schools break up their sessions timewise, you could probbly do the whole day on a tank and still have gas left over with an average car. Highly modified cars and gas guzzlers, your mileage may vary.

IMO Nelson is the friendliest “big track” (4th~5th gear) around. What is it? Turn 6 @ Beaver is blind as you are cresting.

The price is cheaper @ $120, and is actually closer than Beaver (by 15 miles). The advantage to Beaver is that there are always instructors/trackies hanging around (then again it was a weekend vs. a Friday). I was instructed by a guy that “just showed up because he got a call”.

[quote=“somedude,post:27,topic:27761"”]

if you don’t mind some company shoot me a PM next time you are going down. that track looks like a blast, and i really need to get some track time in before the sho convention in july.

How much does BeaverRun usually run you cost wise? and just out of
curiousity how much fuel do you go through in a day of lapping? I know i used a full tank (14gal) at TMP but my car was stock then and now it is making 3X more power.

[/quote]

This weekend was $350ish for two days and a dinner. Keep in mind that you do get instruction the entire time if you are interested and there were some classroom sessions in between. The Dunville NYSpeed events are going to be the cheapest and closest options you will have. I probably go through a little over a tank in 5 sessions of 20 minutes each. I think my next bunch of track days will be at Watkins, but I definitely want to get to BeaveRun again. I don’t make 3x stock power like you do, but my car does have some light modifications :D.

[quote=“Carnut,post:28,topic:27761"”]

This video gets my heart going. I love seeing shit like this, it makes all the long nights and stress worth it. I love this car. Probably my favorite car. This is setup as if I owned the car.

The HD vid is amazing.

[/quote]

This is actually compressed for youtube. I will show you the raw footage at some point. It looks much better. No Glen for me this weekend so maybe we will catch up then.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:30,topic:27761"”]

IMO Nelson is the friendliest “big track” (4th~5th gear) around. What is it? Turn 6 @ Beaver is blind as you are cresting.

The price is cheaper @ $120, and is actually closer than Beaver (by 15 miles). The advantage to Beaver is that there are always instructors/trackies hanging around (then again it was a weekend vs. a Friday). I was instructed by a guy that “just showed up because he got a call”.

[/quote]

Turn 7 is the blind one coming over the crest, but you get used to it after a few laps and there is plenty of track coming out of it and ample run off (just in case), but going down hill the car does feel very light on not that well planted. I have yet to drive Nelson, but I’m sure you are probably right about it being the friendliest big track and $120 is probabl $30-50 less than most days would be at BeaveRun.

I hope Mosport is fun in a couple of weeks. It looks like a really good track. How are the pavement conditions there?

[quote=“EvoMR,post:33,topic:27761"”]

How are the pavement conditions there?

[/quote]

I will tell you in 2 weeks. Looks on the “new” side though.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:34,topic:27761"”]

I will tell you in 2 weeks. Looks on the “new” side though.

[/quote]

I thought you had already run there. I’m going to the sr20forums track day on May 6 as well.

I think they patched/repaved some spots at RDT Mosport over the off-season.

Nice to see you actually using that car! I’m sure you had more fun that the vid can ever tell us.

X…

[quote=“Xander,post:37,topic:27761"”]

Nice to see you actually using that car! I’m sure you had more fun that the vid can ever tell us.

X…

[/quote]

I guess it was kinda fun… :smiley:

[quote=“Xander,post:37,topic:27761"”]

X…

[/quote]

you mean the instructor had more fun. i wish i got that excited about my job