Because driving a Touareg made too much sense...

VW released 500 Golf R’s in the US last week. (Pre-orders sold out in 10 hours.) I had the opportunity to get into one, so I figure…why the hell not? Diesel pumps are grimey anyways.

Overall I’m pleased with it and it’s much more fun/refined/faster/comfortable than what I’ve had in the past (MK6 Golf R and GR STi’s). I miss the room and functionality of the Touareg but I’m having way too much fun driving this.

A simple tune should put me close to the 11’s with a 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. :tspry:

So jealous. Get that tune on there!

How does it compare to the Alero?

Once a hatchback driver…always a hatch back driver…

Love the color

Love that color.

Love the color, love the reflection.

The Alero had nicer wheels. :fu:

• Updated - - -

I’m waiting for a couple things to happen first. Mainly local support and let a couple other guys guinea pig it, ha.

Love it!

I love the golf R. Perfect color choice!

Loving it :tup:
Post a video once it’s tuned

Awesome!

Does this mean you will be trolling the 990 again :-p

Have people been getting these into the 11s with stage1? I know they’re knocking off low 12s right now

I’ll be taking the 990 home all summer long. Ha.

The lowest so far was a 12.1 on a beta tune. I’d imagine once they can dial em in with supporting mods (intake, fuel pump, and exhaust) people won’t have a problem hitting high 11’s. We’ll see, whether it’s 12.1 or 11.9, I’m pretty stoked. The drivability is insane, even stock… I’m interested in seeing how a tune changes this. I’ve got to DD this thing, so I’ll be going whichever route makes the most sense.

Drivetrain is pretty sweet I was looking at the s3

Bring it over. I’d like to check it out. And congrats man!

I test drove one of these and an s3 the other day. For the money you can’t go wrong compared to an s3. My only gripe is how the pedal needs to go half way to the floor before you start moving

I would love to go for a ride in it pre and post tune to see what its got.

Looks nice, pretty color. I’d almost hate driving this through the snow.

As of today, it got a lot more fun!

18x8.5 VMR V710 wheels with Hakkapeliitta R2 rubber.

2 step traction control? Or do you have to code it out?

New R models you can turn off the traction control, not like the previous gen.

:tup: to the winter setup, I am just not a huge fan of the stock wheels for some reason.