Because driving a Touareg made too much sense...

So good. :tup:

Dan

:naab:

I had those exact same wheels on my MKV Fahrenheit GTI. Good choice!

Did the first 500 all come with DCC? If so, what do you think of that?

You can completely turn it off. Launch control is factory as well now.

Thanks!

Yes, the first 500 are identical in every way, shape and form.

It’s pretty sweet. I thought it was a little gimmicky before trying it, but it makes a huge difference. Comfort is actually pretty comfortable, normal is GTI’ish and Race is just stupid. Revs out, down shifts perfectly and the whole suspension becomes solid as a rock. I was driving down Maple the other day in race mode and thought I was going to lose teeth.

I like it :tup:

Stole your link @Minglor

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1503_2015_subaru_wrx_sti_vs_2015_volkswagen_golf_r/

Looks nice. Saw it this morning.
I am in town for a funeral and staying at my mom’s place around the corner (white jeep).

Just a quick update:

2016’s saw the arrival of Manual transmissions and a 100 x’s better media/device interface. Apple Car play is pretty damn awesome.

What is it? For those of us who have no idea what VWs are what :slight_smile:

My new whip! 2016 Golf R Manual DCC w/ Nav. Same thing as the blue one I bought a few months back, but now in white.

Oh nice! Get rid of this one in a few months and get the Clubsport :slight_smile: (I was just reading about it)

:tup: these are awd/4motion/whatever right? will be fun this winter

Sweet car! Do the manual trans cars still have launch control? Also do you have any experience with the APR tunes? They look impressive.

these cars are legitness.

https://youtu.be/AtNoPP8yYic

Am I the only one who would rather have the DSG option? It’s not like it’s some slushbox from an 80’s Cutlass or anything. You’re not shifting faster then a DSG car.

I have the DSG in my CC and for spirited driving I’d rather have a true manual. After daily driving the manual GTO for 9 years I got the DSG because I was ready for a change and tired of having a car my wife couldn’t drive. Swapping my steering wheel for a GTI one with the paddles will probably make me like my DSG a lot more, but it will never be as fun as a true 3 pedal car.

Nope. Got my 13 GTI with DSG and its awesome. I typically drive it in manual mode with the paddles, which is still damn fun and like you said it shifts so fast. But when there is stop and go traffic I flip it to D which is way better than clutching 398473908470389 times on a drive home.

Dan

I had a DSG GTI for 3 years on a lease and thought it was great with how fast it shifted and perfect rev matched downshifts, but then I got into a true manual and I will never go back…I know the DSG is faster, but its a whole different experience in a true manual that you cant replicate. DD, spirited driving, track driving, i dont care if im not as fast shifting, its about how much more fun i can have

I cant keep up with your car changes, congrats :tup:

Loved the DSG. Perfectly tailored for this car. Shifts quicker than hell and maintains boost throughout the gears.

However, in ‘Race’ mode DSG was completely useless unless you were manually
shifting. In fact, manually shifting was the only way to drive the car without the transmission constantly shifting up and down to find out what gear you wanted to be in. If you could just put it in ‘D’ and drive it like a normal automatic…it would be perfect.

As for driving the manual, it’s slightly slower (for obvious reasons) but driveability is improved in my opinion - especially in race mode (where the car really shines and should be driven 99% of the time).

• Updated - - -

Haha, me either. Thanks.

You’ll be happy to know that I have a set of 19’s on their way to replace the stockers. Oh and springs too. :tup: