beefs beefy 89 240sx

hey my names matt my nickname is beef ive been workin on my 240 thought i would throw it on the board i will add some pics shortly my next thing im going to do is add a 35r duall ball bearing water cooled turbo and i almost have the stuff for it

240’s are taking over. soon to have more of those on here then f-buckets or honduhhs

:cool:
should be a blast

wow… lots of info here… what are your supporting mods for that 35R?

im goin with a turbonetics top mount manifold because the 35 wont fit on the bottom i also have nismo 740cc injectors, greddy fmic, custom 5’'downpipe , crower cams , and a turbonetics raptor bov if u guys have any tips for me throw them out here it would be greatly apreciated

What type of engine management?

well you are in the right spot to hook up a 240 pittspeed is full of them and you have one of the top 240 places in the country just a trip down rt 70 from washington… hybridynamics, good luck with the project

5" d/p oh snap

should of just bought my 2871 and avoided some hassle

on a KA

5 in downpipe?! complete Overkill?, Im doubting it will fit unless your RHD, getting a 3 inch pipe is hard enough… pics?

To help him out here’s a pic of a 4" dp. Its on one of Enjuku’s cars.

http://storesense.megawebservers.com/stores/HS318/catalog/DSCN0186_thumb.jpg

http://www.eastcoastdrift.com/teddy/picsoftheday/gt25rinlet/DSCN0185_thumb.jpg

http://www.eastcoastdrift.com/teddy/picsoftheday/gt25rinlet/DSCN0187_thumb.jpg

thats not a down pipe

Sorry I read the caption wrong from their site.

I would love to see a 5 inch dp on a 240. Theres absolutely no way. You have to clearance the steering shaft/rack to even remotely make a full 4inch fit. And even then steering is limited among other things

Those 740’s aren’t going to be enough either dude, your gonna need 1000cc’s to really get that turbo in its efficiency range. Engine management is another big thing, your not going to be able to really use all that turbo without a power fc, aem ems or something comparable.

I think you better take a step back and think this over again, or maybe go with something like a 2871r before you make the huge jump to a 35r. Otherwise your walking the wrong way down the road. Call hybrid dynamics they’ll get you turned around

its on a sr20det but you dont think the 5 will fit

5 inch is over kill 3" is more than suitable. anything bigger is really not doing anything. especially on a sr20

no it will not fit at all, like I said to use a 4 inch you have to move/cut the steering assembly, which in turn limits your turning radius. A drag only car would be the only car I would do this to.

agreed… think of it this way your looking at 400-600whp at max… now for example SteelCitySupra has 4.5 in exhaust and is producing well over 1000whp… 3inch and call it a day, maybe I can see 3.5… But clearance with the steering column is a huge issue in 240’s… I know first had with that.

Same goes with the 740’s your going to be well over 80% DC at half the 35’s effeciancy… not safe… I suggest doing some serious research before jumping into something like this.

Is there an echo in here???