? been laid off + unemployemnt ?

got it back so all is well… for now…

Im making the most of my unemployment. I was laid of after 7 years of service,at first I was angry,but then I decided to go back to school which I didnt have time for when I was working.I dont live as well as I did before and I have to move to the ghetto,but hey I look at it as an opportunity to make things better.to answer questions it is 70% of the highest of your last 5 1/4s,you get unemployment for 6 mo & can get an addtional 13 weeks at that time.Also you file biweekly claims.

70% of your wage up too 539 or something in that area a week.

work is slow for my so i am going to be filing tomorrow for the partial again. :hsugh:

I think the cap is $442 wk.

529 for mewith 211 as my partial benefit credit. so i can earn up to 740 and still get money.

good deal I always wondered how the partial thing worked?

Work is really slow for me as well so I’m going to be filing for partial and over the holidays total unemployment. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

I enjoy having all of you on my payroll, sincerely.

oh and its much appreciated…since Ive be working for longer than you’ve been alive.

and im glad to see you taking such an early retirement

Why not accept the job within your company especially since your pay stays the same, and search for a new job if you think you are underpaid and over experienced as you say?

Why not take the severance pay, the unemployement and look for another job? The severance pay is like getting a bonus to do what it sounds like he should be doing anyhow.

that’s a risky move in this economy. finding a job in this town can be a full time job itself depending on what you do

Even with the economy, people will still be staying in hotels. Thing will need to get about 10000% worse before there will bw no famliy vacation and no hotels for me.

I just received a raise.

My industry is fine :smiley:

.75 raise for me on 12/1 and then another 1.25 on 6/1/09 and i think i might get a 1.00 on 6-9 also for moving to 2nd year apprentice. :drama:

e-high five to you, sir :grouphug:

what do you guys do?

just filed yesterday with gm going under we laid off atleast 40% of our staff up at #1 cochran in robinson, me being one of those 40%… oh well not too worried about it