Laid off...

Yep.

did you get laid off or is this the most useless thread here?

I just got laid off. Lol. Useless thread though.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/walldance.gif

that sucks homie! where’d you work?

Unemployment FTW

yea technically Obama has made it so that you are probably better off going on unemployment.

Fuck yea America, Fuck yea

I would rather work and make less than I would sitting around on unemployment. I literally can’t stand these dirtbags sitting home collecting the money that I work for. I’d HATE to do that to anyone.

What are you going to do about the car you just bought?
I assume you are making payments on it?

They don’t collect any money that you work for. Unemployment benefits are paid 100% by employers. Our current rate is 9.825% of gross wages to the first $8500 of an employees gross payroll.

Employees pay nothing into the unemployment system.

Welfare is a totally different story though…

I have enough saved to give me breathing room until I find something else. And huh, I thought we payed unemployment from our paychecks. But yeah, not entirely sure what I’ll do. We’ll see.

LVD’s Facebook page posted they are looking for help.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/West-Lebanon-NY/Lebanon-Valley-Dragway/161405340042?ref=ts&__a=11&ajaxpipe=1

Congress Passes and President Signs Unemployment Extension (Last updated August 23, 2010)
Legislation was approved by Congress extending eligibility deadlines for benefit extensions to November 28, 2010.

UI is paid by your employer. Apply, it’s the LEAST you could do since THEY are the ones who laid you off. :wink:

Done and done. And usmc, good looking out, I’m in New Lebanon a lot anyways.

been on unenjoyment for a while myself

Yea, I’m not… but it’s still FTW.

I was on unemployment for 2 weeks before I found another job…

How its supposed to work…

Currently poring over 3,000 job listings on Monster, capitalarea and Craigslist, bleh.

I’m on unemployment for about 2 months every winter. My company pays it, I sit around and do nothing, then go back to work when the weather warms up. If it wasn’t for the fact that I get bored as fuck after a week, it would be great. /PJBizzle post.

OMFG its bestbuy all over again mike.

hahahaha

<3