Beer for wiring help!

Bought an '89 Silvia chassis awhile back, in the process of dropping an Sr and I ran into a problem (problem for me, hopefully not for you), it seems that some of my engine harness and body harness plugs do not match up. SO I am now offering beer or whatever to anyone who can lend a hand since I’m not so keen on setting my car on fire lol. Any kind of help is appreciated, even just some advice, as long as it’s correct but I would really like if someone were to physically come here, spend the day and show me how to do it for myself. I have searched quite a bit and I’ve gotten as far as i may need to re-pin a connector or just splice the new one in but I’m not too sure on how the wires match up and don’t think all of the same colours are there.
Thanks!
Brandan
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396309_10151345779345430_1429562341_n.jpg

is it the two plugs by the front near the battery?

The only two i know of so far are the ecu plug, and the one up front on the opposite side of the battery (I believe there are three altogether near it, usdm has a fuse box there). I can take some pics for clarity

wait…the plug that goes from your engine harness to your ecu doesnt fit?

yea this doesn’t sound right to me :confused:

Sorry the plug BY the ecu. It’s white and hangs out under the dash

is ur car HUD by any chance?

Yeah. Shits about to get complicated isn’t it?

yea…i had the same issue when installing my sr…one of the plugs near the ECU above it didnt fit. If i remember correctly i took the dash apart and rewired them without the plug. I believe that plug goes to your tach and speedo and that stuff. Ahh it was a pain in the ass. The stuff inside your engine bay is easy as shittt u should be able to find wiring diagrams online on how to rewire the two plugs in the engine bay which dont match up. I would rewire those in the engine bay and make sure ur sr starts. Then it a question of finding a pin in pin out for the ecu and rewiring that plug so ur speedo and tach and gas stuff work

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

one of the things i considered doing was the taking the body harness that goes all the way around out of my parts car to put that in but i realized i sawed it in half when i took the sr out.

Easier just to splice the wires together without the plugs? All of them? The problem I may have with that is I don’t know what car my engine harness is out of. Couldn’t that affect wire colours and whatnot?

not trying to be rude but this is maybe the easiest thing you can do with these cars, all of the colours match right up.

http://www.frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Engine-Harness-Wiring-Diagram-Guide-SR-SR20_t_26.html

well that makes it a lot easier…i find that when i was doing my interior wires and the colours did not match up…but u should have an easy job now

I like beer. I’ll try to swing by and help, provided you have beer.

Oh why thank you good sir, I do remember seeing that page awhile back but I forgot about it! I hope that makes it easy. Beer is a necessity, next week’s my reading week too. Holla atcha boi 905.925.0171