SR20 Swap Questions

Mu buddy is doing a swap on an s14…he has the harness all run but he was wonderign if the plug right near teh ECU needs any modifications to plug in to the engine harness…from what he tells me it looks like it will plug in but wires are in in different locations…does he need to hack it up and rewire that section to get everythig to work…or if someone makes like an adapter piece for that area…now this isnt the ECU plug but the one in the car right near the ECU

for the s13 you cut the connector off the ka engine harness and put it on the sr harness and then it all mates up the right way not sure if the wire colors will be the same tho, iv never rly looked into the sr swap into an s14, i just know it requires alot more wiring and can be a pita

ok thanx alot…i think he figured thats what he was gonna have to do

www.SON240sx.ca FTW :tup:

The plug you are referring to is the body harness side. It will require modification. I don’t remember all the wires off hand, but basically there are a couple relay triggers and some shared power wires. It’s not too difficult w/ the vehicle schematics but the nissan diagrams can be a bit confusing so just take your time.

ask fuzzyfish to help lol. offer him beer+food+ride in car and hes happy. plus give him some free shit like cheap racing seats and silicone hose couplers

Meh its not for me…its for a friend…he is an ex Nissan Tech but unfortunately he never worked on sr20 s14s in here is the good ol USA so he wasnt sure totally capable of doing it on his own…