Benching 225 for reps.........

meh…bench pressing is bench pressing, even though the “technique” is not the proper way, its still some nasty strength…my buddy weighs 180 and reps out 225 37 times…granted he’s a freak of nature, pound for pound the STRONGEST kid ive ever seen…

60 at 135
i did 34 at 225 as previously stated

:bigclap:

thats a damn good bench!

Yeah chest, back and shoulders is all I do well. My lower back is jacked up which prevents heavy legs.
I have gotten away from maxing out because I have hurt myself in the past and can’t afford to do it again. (right wrist injury which resulted in some bruised ribs)

It doesnt hurt that I have short arms 35" and a 60" chest
<-- is not small

Judging by your name, i’d say you’re shaped like a bull dog. short and built, only because EVERY Ron I know is built the same way. srsly

I bet i couldnt bench 60lbs 60 reps… even if i bounced… lol…

Not going to lie, I could probably lift 225 3x at most on a good day, but I only weigh ~155. I am interested to see how many reps of 135 I can do though. I’m thinking over 30 at least. I’ll try it this week.

I am 6 ft, but it is all torso. I have 30" inseam and 35" arms. I going to go with english mastiff for dog comparisions (my buddy has a 240 lbs and I love that thing)

^ can we start calling you captain ron? lol sry that movie was just on

My bench sucks, I usually do 3 sets of 15 reps of 135 and STRUGGLE on the last set. I rarely straight bar bench though, usually use free weights instead :slight_smile:

I just benched 225 for the first time tonight… I didn’t even think I was going to get it since I’ve been stuck around 185-200 for a while now. I guess all those rotor cuff exercise paid off. anyway, it reminded me of this thread so bump!

my goal next week, 3 reps…

the real quesiton is… how much do you weigh?

I think Ken (bladez) curls that much with 1 arm 75 times.

^ lol

LOL maybe last year he could. Now his gut curls 75lbs worth of twinkies instead

Having 2 wheels on each side feels real good the first time you do it! You’ll be repping that soon enough.

I can only do a set of 25 :frowning:

God, I used to be able to hit 225 2-3 times. And that’s weighing in at 165 at a height of 6’4"
fuck I need to start working out again.

Heh, sometimes cheating is OK.

You might want to think about that statement again and review who is posting before you make such stupid allegations.

Really? I feel like the gap between 185 to 225 was the quickest one to complete. Once that 25 plate is on each side, it’s so much more inspiration to get up to 2 45 plates! Anyways 225 is a great number :tup:

FYI, I bet 90% of the posters here can’t bench 55 lbs 125 times in a row.

:slight_smile:

You can actually, just bench the bar. I bet you can’t do it 125 times in a row lol.