Best/biggest hdtv for no more than 1k.

FYI, acellerated aging isn’t just made up…

I was merely stating that TV manufacturers could make a TV last forever.

How many people actually keep a TV past 15 years though? How about past 20? So even if plasmas and LCDs are currently being designed to last beyond these milestones, how many will still be owned by original owners? And I’m talking about as the primary TV in the home. Not a secondary basement or bedroom TV.

Technology obviously moves along so fast that while a $3000 TV does depreciate from the moment you buy it, its lifespan is still limited by ever changing research and developement. Doesn’t matter if it lasts 10 years or 25, it’ll be old hat sooner or later anyway.

The question people should be asking themselves is, how long til your ready for another upgrade? Not how long will this or that TV last? Chances are it will outlast your need for bigger and better!

the issue with dlp is the bulbs. lotsa bulbs. over the course of 4 years some argue you pay as much as you would have paid for plasma in buying bulbs for the dlp. but i take that with a grain of salt. i bought plasma cuz they do black better.

Panasonic 52" LCD Projection HDTV $1000 at CircuitCity.com
Click Here
Discuss (38) : History : Posted 10:15 AM PST 01/23/07 by Ben
CircuitCity.com has the Panasonic 52" LCD Projection HDTV (PT-52LCX66) for $1000 with free shipping. [BizRate]

52" LCD at 1280x720, 3000:1, 16:9, Built-in NTSC/ATSC Tuner

3 composite / 3 S-video / 2 component / 1 HDMI / 1 VGA inputs

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=152131&AID=10375042&PID=404255&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.circuitcity.com%2Fccd%2FproductDetail.do%3Foid%3D152131

and fuck plasma
watch a football game, and then when a commercial comes on with a white background afterwards take a look at the bottom of the screen. i guess its an undocumented feature that the tv keeps the scores up for a while.

what a damn good deal… I may have to jump on that. I was about to buy a used 37" lcd a week ago too for 600.00… glad I seen this

thanks for the heads up

c’mon, thats your only gripe? thats weak when football prolly accounts for very little of what you watch total. secondly, i would be willing to bet that plasma is set up by a video noob. press menu and see:

brightness: o_________________100 : 100
contrast: o__________________100 : 100
color: o____________________100 : 85
sharpness: o_________________100 : 98 (becuase they read somewhere in an add in readers digest that 100% isnt ideal)

lol, prolly seen it at best buy or CC. Where brightness rules!!! Also, static images like stated above never stay, i get them after playing my 360 for a long time, as soon as i hit the tv button, they go away. Again, so many people misinformed about plasmas here.

I like lcds but the worst part is when there is black, it looks like crap.

im not a fan of lcd projection at all. i think they look like shit

and why buy a 52 inch LCD projection that projects in 720p. if u want a 52" tv to look good, then get one that supports 1080i/p

u mean dark grey :slight_smile:

720P>1080i when it comes to faster programs like sports.

ive watched plenty of football and hockey in 1080i on a 52" lcd with no problems, never noticed any dragging

oh and if ur gonna drop down to sumn like a 42", then i would say yeah, 720p is good

exactly.

lets not get into the screen door effect on a lcd projection.

bump cause i just got emailed about this deal
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2790677&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

sounds pretty sweet, i wish i could fit a 56"

just “bought” a 62" lcd proj w/ matching stand for ~$930. (thanks fortuna!)

still pending inspection of course b/c it was prolly a store display, but im guessing that everything will be fine on it.

holy shit that has a horrible contrast ratio

My advice whatever you buy get an extended warranty with the TV. Manufacturers only cover for 1yr parts and either 90 days labor or one year. Each kind of TV has downfalls. I would also recommend going with a known manufacturer not an off brand. I can tell you we see TVs that are not even a month old in here sometimes and most retailers will not return them they send you to a service center.