Best car battery

Well the battery in our 2008 GMC is slowly dieing. If the truck sits and the radio is on the truck won’t start.

What is the best battery on the market? I don’t need anything crazy but besides autozone and wally world is there something else I should be looking at? I think it needs 600-720 cca.

Optima 34R is $200 shipped.

Interstates MTP-48/H6 is $165 after tax.

Duralast Gold is $136 after tax.

Duralast Platinum is $170 after tax.

Die Hard is $153 after tax.

Deka 748mf ??

Odyssey PC1220 is $300 not going to happen.

I’ve always thought the Optima spiral cells are the best out there but maybe something new has come to the automotive market. I don’t think Lithium Batteries have gone commercial for cars yet. I have a motorcycle battery for the FSAE race car that weighs 1.3 lbs. haha.

I’ll probably be running a Deka or Odyssey in the Corvette/Trans Am when they need to be replaced but for the truck I’m really just looking for something that will last a long time. Is Optima still top dog??

Powermaster!

ah i run a duralast gold in the audi the biggest battery i can fit in the tray… the tdi has a yeller top optima.

I find being the “car guy” every one expects that i have cables and can jump anything so i try to make sure i can :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: What ever you do DO NOT buy a valucraft ive seen them fail in less then 48 hours, garbage.

I have never had an issue with my interstate in the heep. They usually have a 2 year free replacement and 75 month warranty.

Optima

+1 interstate Megatron

Duralst, diehard, optima, interstate, autocraft, OEM, +many more are all made by johnson controlls.

I’m assuming truck still has a AC Delco battery? They suck.

Have that same issue with our '08 Escalade. Turned the truck off and was working on the navi, 5 minutes later tried to start it and nothing. Same thing with a Deville we have. Otherwise the battery holds up.

Your GMC have an option to run a 2nd battery? GM sells the kit.

I always go to the Interstate dealer in Hamburg and buy a blemish battery when I need one. $35 for a fully warrantied battery-FUCK YEA

Since I was 16 any time I replaced an OEM battery it was always with a Sears Diehard, and every time that Sears Diehard outlasted the car it was put in. The one exception was 3 years ago when I needed a battery for the GTO and Sears didn’t have one in stock. I went with a Napa battery because someone said they were just as good. Guess what I just replaced last week with a Diehard? Yep, that POS Napa battery that failed after 3 years. It probably had some pro-rated warranty left but I’d rather just pay full price for a good battery than deal with getting a shitty replacement for a shitty battery that’s just going to leave me stranded in a few years.

I have the spot but it isn’t wired up for it as far as I know. I’ll have to look into the kit, having two batteries would be nice.

I’m thinking I’ll probably get an interstate.

I’d love to find some of those here.

I’m still using the optima that I got like 4 cars ago today… about a decade and running strong.

how are you guys going through batteries in just a couple years? my dad replaced the battery in his car last summer, it still had a bmw battery in it and the car is a '92. i dont know if it was replaced but i do know that it lasted the 7 years and 95k miles that my dad has had the car. he replaced with an interstate. i have an interstate in my car, age unknown but ive had my car almost 3 years now with 60k and it doesnt show any signs that its getting weak.

it seems that interstate and optima seem to be up there on the list from those that i have talked to. as to the comment about all of them being made by johnson controls, just because its made by the company doesnt mean its made to the standards of other brands.

Optima 34R is $200 shipped.

Interstates MTP-48/H6 is $165 after tax.

Duralast Gold is $136 after tax.

Duralast Platinum is $170 after tax.

Die Hard is $153 after tax.

Deka 748mf ??

Odyssey PC1220 is $300 not going to happen.

if you want a advance auto battery
Promo Code-
VISA will save you $50 on $150+,
RETMENOT123 will save $30 on $100+

Johnson killed the yellow top’s reliability fyi. Go elsewhere for deep cycle gels. I have an Exide Orbital, and yellow top, one in each Honda Element. On the second yellow top…

Awesome! I can get the Red Top shipped to my door for a total of $140!! Thanks ordering now.

Smart buy. The Red tops have had a better track record as of late as far as failures.