Best clutch for SR20?

I am wondering what you guys are running for clutchs and what you think of them? I am going to buy a new clutch shortly because I dont think the stock S13 clutch will take 300whp.I want something that is good for around 400whp because I am planning on going with a bigger turbo next year and dont want ot replace it again.I had an exedy stage 1 in my old civic and never had any problems.I am also thinking I might buy a flywheel as well .My setup is an S15 motor mated to an S13 tranny.

My options are pretty much
ACT
Exedy
Spec

i have an RPS.

I love it. It hodl about the same power as a spec stage 3 but it feels sooooo nice. The guys at apex loved it when they dyno’d my car. A little heavy for rush hour everyday, but i grabs so nice and you can still slip it.

It is this one. Look at clutches under s13 and it is the RPS max series with the full disc.
http://www.splparts.com/

Oh and everyone on zilvia loves it too

Never heard of them before but it looks pretty good what did you pay for yours?

I forget exacly abut 500.

talk to autodream or our sponsors in town.

whatevery it is, make sure its a 3-puck metalic or multi plate setup…anything else is truely infearior… :stuck_out_tongue:

I just tryed somthing new this week for clutch combo and it works pretty good! I use the factory flywheel and pressure plate and I use a GTR clutch disc. I threw it in a SR20 Silvia 2 days ago and when I switch to second during a burn out I had NO slip at all and held it for a good 10 secs. Big burn out :slight_smile: It feels good slamming gears too. Not bad for a budgit performance mod! Feels like a Spec stage 2 but 1/5 the ammount of money.

3 puck would be pretty rough on the street wouldnt it?

3 puck would be pretty rough on the street wouldnt it?[/quote]

no not at all…even a mulitplate isnt bad on the street…ive run both… :tonqe:

I liked my ACT. Stiff pedal, strong grab.

Any thoughts on the differnce between 3pucks and 6 pucks?? Harsher/ feel the same with more grab?

What stage are you running?

more pucks doesnt mean its stonger…the 3 puck is a killer setup to go with…most japanese ppl run them if they run a single plate setup…

i vote twin plate…streetable and will take all the abuse you hand it.

but it might cost a bit much :roll: